Bohemian Rhapsody

Add me to the list of people voting Meh to Bohemian Rhapsody. I felt like Rami Malek did a good job as Freddie, but the rest of the band looked about one step beyond "The Partridge Family" in their musical miming skills. I hated the liberties taken with the timelines and story - I have to imagine there is more than enough real drama in the bands' history to make a compelling film without fabricating so much. I am primarily a fan of their earlier work up through the "Jazz" album or so, their later poppier stuff doesn't do a lot for me. Like some others have stated here, Queen was one of the primary reasons I took up music, my Jr. high school buddies and I would air band to A Night at the Opera all the time.

I hate the fact that now you've got me thinking about watching "A Star is Born"! Curse You!!!!!

one step beyond "The Partridge Family" in their musical miming skills.
Ok, there are few things I take personally on the internet, but I WILL NOT stand here and listen to ANYONE insult one of the biggest and most important figures in my adolescent years. Don't you EVER say anything bad about Laurie Partridge again, or we just can't be friends! :mad::mad: And while where on the subject, hands off Farrah, Marcia Brady, Samantha Stevens and Jeannie! And Ginger! oops, and three of those Petticoat junction honeys. Oh, and my best friends mom!

:D:D

Ok, there are few things I take personally on the internet, but I WILL NOT stand here and listen to ANYONE insult one of the biggest and most important figures in my adolescent years. Don't you EVER say anything bad about Laurie Partridge again, or we just can't be friends! :mad::mad: And while where on the subject, hands off Farrah, Marcia Brady, Samantha Stevens and Jeannie! And Ginger! oops, and three of those Petticoat junction honeys. Oh, and my best friends mom!

:D:D

Don't forget Marie Osmond!

Add me to the list of people voting Meh to Bohemian Rhapsody. I felt like Rami Malek did a good job as Freddie, but the rest of the band looked about one step beyond "The Partridge Family" in their musical miming skills. I hated the liberties taken with the timelines and story - I have to imagine there is more than enough real drama in the bands' history to make a compelling film without fabricating so much. I am primarily a fan of their earlier work up through the "Jazz" album or so, their later poppier stuff doesn't do a lot for me. Like some others have stated here, Queen was one of the primary reasons I took up music, my Jr. high school buddies and I would air band to A Night at the Opera all the time.

I hate the fact that now you've got me thinking about watching "A Star is Born"! Curse You!!!!!

I heard earlier in the week that Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of the movie because he wanted to portray the darker side of things. Since the "surviving members" of the band had played such a big part in things, they wanted to concentrate more on the music.

You can spare a couple of hours for "A Star is Born." I tried to ignore it, and do other things while the wife watched it. That worked for about 3 minutes.

I heard earlier in the week that Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of the movie because he wanted to portray the darker side of things. Since the "surviving members" of the band had played such a big part in things, they wanted to concentrate more on the music.

You can spare a couple of hours for "A Star is Born." I tried to ignore it, and do other things while the wife watched it. That worked for about 3 minutes.

He (SBC) was in the running for quite a while, according to rumour!

I'm glad they didn't make Bohemian Rhapsody into the usual dark, brooding and downright depressing bollocks we get assaulted with these days. As a Queen fan I just wanted to be entertained and enjoy the show and catch some of that nostalgia from being a kid in the 70's and 80's. Malek was OK but he always looked a bit short and scrawny like the kids from Queen:The miracle video 10 years later. Somehow Freddy always managed to look larger than life despite being a short arse 5'9 ot something. Malek never managed to pull that bit off. I think it was a good tribute to the best selling British band. Back home they have been more popular than either The Beatles, Led Zeppelin or Michael Jackson.

Back