Who Else Plays Another Instrument?

I HAD that poster, but it wasn't on my wall. I had Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Kiss posters, some album covers (Yes, Uriah Heep, the cool artistic ones) and black light posters on the wall. Farrah poster wasn't on the wall til college.
I also had Hendrix, Zep, and Rush…..plus Humphrey Bogart….left over from my older sister.

I don't actively play anything else anymore. I did play piano (classical) for years and in my teens I played concert and stage trombone. I still have my piano, just seem to have lost the desire to reconnect with it. Been 50 years since I played my horn, so would have no lip left and would take the rest of my life (if ever) to get back. I diddle around with my ukulele a bit if that counts haha.

I play mandolin, Irish tenor banjo, bass, and mandola as my "other" instruments in the band, though bass is rarely done since my wife is the bassist now. I will note I play 7 and 8 string guitars too, though I have not mastered them yet - but I think I'm OK, and even written some stuff on them.

I also play drums, and have recorded drums tracks for a few of our rock'n'roll oriented songs, but I will admit I'm no Neil Peart or even Ringo Starr.

I've messed around with keyboards, and have one chord/melody progression that sounds Tangerine Dream like that is fun to record and then play guitar on top of. A former bandmate had a version that was far better than what I came up with, but since chord progressions aren't copyrightable (and it is a very simple Am-G-F-Em progression) I used those with a much simpler and different melody. Since we have a very competent piano/keys player in the band, I don't need to try otherwise.

Back