Who Else Plays Another Instrument?

A friend of mine told me many years ago, that all musicians are drummers at heart and I believe that to be so true.
I can see this. Any musician has to have a sense of rhythm - where the beats go. But, it can be done without a drummer, as John Mayall did with his "Turning Point" album recorded live at the Fillmore, NYC. No drummer, but give "Room to Move" a listen and see what musicians with a great sense of rhythm can do.

I can see this. Any musician has to have a sense of rhythm - where the beats go. But, it can be done without a drummer, as John Mayall did with his "Turning Point" album recorded live at the Fillmore, NYC. No drummer, but give "Room to Move" a listen and see what musicians with a great sense of rhythm can do.
I got out the old Ouija Board and asked Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Satie whether they're drummers at heart. These are their answers:

Vivaldi: "No."

Bach: "Hau ab."

Mozart: "Too many sticks."

Beethoven: "Ich liebe die Pauke, aber nein."

Satie: "Je préfère boire."

Well, bass is my first instrument. But I kinda, sorta, sometimes play it these days. Haven't touched it since May of this year.

Reason being is because 95% of the time I'm playing guitar at church.

Also have an old smaller upright piano that's been in my family since the 60's. But I'm lucky if I can find middle C on it!

Last edited:
I got out the old Ouija Board and asked Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Satie whether they're drummers at heart. These are their answers:

Vivaldi: "No."

Bach: "Hau ab."

Mozart: "Too many sticks."

Beethoven: "Ich liebe die Pauke, aber nein."

Satie: "Je préfère boire."
Well, I was just on the internet talking with a lady who's a psycho. No, wait a minute, a psychic. Yeah, that's it, a psychic. She can go back in time to see things, and she said she saw all of those composers drumming with their hands and fingers on things all over the place. Undeniable proof that all musicians are drummers at heart. ;)

I can create some orchestral stuff:

I play a little original piano.

And some hybrid synth - orchestral music:

Can also play bass, synths, organ, accordion, some easy mandolin. harmonica, hand percussion.

Sadly, what I play FAR less well is guitar! ;)

Last edited:
Back