What do you look like? (Pics of oneself)

20200816_090307-jpg.756521

20200816_104911-jpg.756528

I deem there are already a few pictures around in the forum dipicting myself.
Anyways.

I had the privilege doing business trips abroad into a desert area at the intersection of South Asia, Central Asia and Near East.
Federal Armed Forces Christian military clergy sponsored instruments in order to support quality time, when being off-duty in the camp.

One of my collegues dragged me to the rehearsal room a few times. And we jammed as a bunch of multinational personnel. Music as a mutual language. At that time our drummer was a US SF operator, the bass player a contractor (US resident), a couple of singers (military phisicians, intel analysts, military intel operators, MP), keys had been played by my colleague (general staff officer for logistics). I - obvously - was asked to play guitars.

Last edited:
20200816_090307-jpg.756521

20200816_104911-jpg.756528

I deem there are already a few pictures around in the forum dipicting myself.
Anyways.

I had the privilege doing business trips abroad into a desert area at the intersection of South Asia, Central Asia and Near East.
Federal Armed Forces Christian military clergy sponsored instruments in order to support quality time, when being off-duty in the camp.

One of my collegues dragged me to the rehearsal room a few times. And we jammed as a bunch of multinational personnel. Music as a mutual language. At that time our drummer was a US SF operator, the bass player a contractor (US resident), a couple of singers (military phisicians, intel analysts, military intel operators, MP), keys had been played by my colleague (general staff officer for logistics). I - obvously - was asked to play guitars.
Thank you for your service and for being part of the forum!!!

I appreciate your words.
At the beginning there was the choice of career. After grammar school (= gymnasium) graduation I did my mandarory duties as a conscript, prior my plans of studying architecture or laws (Would have been the perfect clichee to own PRS guitars 😂).
I had exemplary superiors (officer candidates) as section leaders, which made me guess about a career in the military. I finished my services as a conscript, started academical studies of ... civil/construction engineering.
In the second university year I attended the leadership personnel assessment centre of Federal Armed Forces. I was successful, quit my studies, and started my career. Part of that were university studies at one of our two Federal Armed Forces universities to earn a diploma [or in one case - historical science - magister (in he meantime the Bologna treaty was introduced and bachelor and master degrees could be achieved, at my university time you needed to succeed the diploma degree or you leave university without any degree)]. Within the assessment centre you apply for an academical study, there are several tests to attend. First I was put into the class for civil/construction engineering, but I asked for political sciences. And succeeded either in the request and later in earning the diploma.
And - just kidding - part of my academical curriculum was public law. I stayed reluctant in buying a PRS until I left university for endeavouring being a platoon leader and company XO (second on command and deputy of the company commander).

Although we change through he ages, your smile remains the same!
Lol You were into it!!!

Someone dancing had just trodden on my foot.

Also if you look closely at the lower leading edge of the guitar, near to the Jack socket, you’ll see a hefty lump of lacquer missing, when I fell of a table about about 22 years before the pic was taken.

Last edited:
Someone dancing had just trodden on my foot.

Also if you look closely at the lower leading edge of the guitar, near to the Jack socket, you’ll see a hefty lump of lacquer missing, when I fell of a table about about 22 years before the pic was taken.
Ouch!!

And Ouch for the guitar too!!

AKA: “Why Reubs doesn’t dance on tables anymore.”

Nothing but a broken hip and a hospital stay these days.

Ouch!!

And Ouch for the guitar too!!

I was young(er) and I bounced (haha). That guitar has various war wounds, but what a tone through the Mesa. It’s been modded with Onamac Texas Specials PU, new wiring/pots and resonant AF.

There’s more money dancing on laps, anyway.

Depends on the lap, they have to be shapely thighs 😜

Back