What do you look like? (Pics of oneself)

I had no idea you did music for Ford ads! When I was just a young pup I worked at their factories making interior parts, it's where I first learned about wood and platitudes! :D
Yup, I've done ads for the car companies (US Big Three and German), beer companies like Budweiser, The States of Michigan and Ohio, the Detroit Tigers, the Cleveland Indians, tire companies, health care companies, blah blah blah. Lots of them; 33 years' worth.

The first snippet of video you saw was the opening montage for one of Carrie Underwood's tours my company did, and she's so pretty I had to open with it!

Thanks a bunch, I'm happy you said that because my wife is 12 years younger than me and sometimes I look in the mirror and I feel so undesirable 😭

I look in the mirror and wonder who that old man looking back at me is. But as my father used to say, "It beats the alternative." :)

They use a pic of me in the Open Mic posting PRS Angelus Artist in hand
4.jpg

Good deal!

I'm going to take a guess and say you play either jazz or Texas blues?
Texas blues, Texas rock, Texas country… yes, all good with me. We also do covers from anywhere between Motown to Sister Hazel, to REM. As long as we’ve been playing, we’re at a place where we play whatever we like playing for whoever likes listening to that! Not chasing the rainbow’s end anymore, just having fun and enjoying the surprise that I’m stilling playing live music into my 60s. Never would have predicted that back in the late 70s!

Nice pics.

I like those old pictures and would love to hear a little backstory about that gig if it was anything memorable and you wouldn't mind sharing.

Cheers!
That was during a rehearsal. I was 18. The year was 1972. The place was the meeting hall at my childhood church, just before youth group. I talked one of my friends into buying a bass and the other drums. We called ourselves Truckin’. As in
We played a few family functions and free outdoor events and at a camp event for challenged children. We split up when the girl situation got serious.

My mug is on the home page of my website. II'm hoping folks will ignore the face and check out the music. There's orchestral, electronic and a video reel showing some of my ad work, on separate pages. BTW, I didn't write the little blurb on the link, somehow the company that hosts the site creates it and it's very poorly written.

Impressive

Back