What is PRS like for you?

Ok, sounds a little funny, but Ima try it and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!
FYI, it didn't work, and I'm not taking advice from you yahoos anymore! It was going pretty well at first. I think the left hand chromatic scales thing was working, but she didn't like my tremolo picking at all. Said I was scratching her and needed to stop.

Maybe I shouldn't have actually used a pick.

Not exactly what I was thinking when I started this thread. But it DOES sort of go along with the original post. My friend, after playing guitar for the last 30 years or so, just doesn't get WHY, for ME, PRS (particularly the cu22) is what it is. Why, with all the other brands I have owned, nothing keeps me coming back the same as PRS. He has worked selling and working on them. Does sound and lighting now for many bands who have player so play them (but to be fair, many other brands are on stage as well). And to him, they are a nice, relatively pricey brand of guitar that aren't his thing. His quoted response was "I still don't get it". So I tried to explain it in the best way I could. [and again, it is HIS fault for introducing me to my first PRS.....so there is that. I even used his employee discount to purchase it. . . .gave him a deal on some tattoo work in return].

FYI, it didn't work, and I'm not taking advice from you yahoos anymore! It was going pretty well at first. I think the left hand chromatic scales thing was working, but she didn't like my tremolo picking at all. Said I was scratching her and needed to stop.

Maybe I shouldn't have actually used a pick.
Finger Picking Does Have Its Place...

I sincerely think that all opinions are accepted, of course the way of saying them helps good exchanges, sometimes it is only bad interpretations in short🙂

If I come back with what PRS is for me, it is just the sum of all the details that make it the instrument with which I have the most pleasure, the one that inspires me instantly, The best guitar I've ever played.

^^^This^^^^
Guitars are a highly emotional thing (I think I said that before somewhere...). Not unlike our individual tastes in cars, motorcycles, women (or guys not to be sexist)....something just rings that certain bell and then it all goes out the window and common sense is lost forever.😱
If that doesn't fully open the can of worms nothing ever will.🤣

Once again...

A good guitar is a good guitar.
I don't care what it says on the headstock.

Last edited:
Back