The unofficial Silver Sky thread

about Silver Sky, First I Thought "WOW !! it Sucks" but when i saw Paul Reed Smith talking about it, i understand that building that song was a hard procedure + one of my friends told me that "that guitar has been made for John Mayer Himself, so it is not my business to like it or not" i think about it, & I believe he was right
it was maybe John's Idea & his request

but seriously i've surprised as i saw the guitar !! it was like, is it a fender body with PRS fretboard & headstock?
when i went through the details, i understand, it was a hard process

good job PRS

Funny thing was that I was just on this forum seconds before the crash then stepped away for a short meeting and came back to try to view the thread. But couldnt connect. Tried for about 15 minutes and kept getting errors before the lightbulb came on. After 15 minutes, the thought hit me: I bet PRS just turned the sky silver and I missed it.

I'm glad someone thinks it's funny! On the upside, we're now on a much more powerful server, so hopefully the forum feels a little zippier.

I'm glad someone thinks it's funny! On the upside, we're now on a much more powerful server, so hopefully the forum feels a little zippier.

If you'd had bigger fret wire and the regular PRS trem on that server, none of this would have happened!

You don't see Gibson's servers going down from big interest... :eek:

6230 is small wire, actually, like what was used on vintage Fenders. I had one Strat with the 7.25" radius and that wire and it did get annoying at times. Wouldn't do it again. Give me 9.5" and 6150 or similar and I'm a much happier player.

This is a key spec to me, and will be to a lot of players whether they realize it or not yet. Anyone coming into this thing expecting the usual PRS feel will be disappointed. It's important to understand that you're buying the feel of an early 60's Fender.

you must show a picture when you get it . or your order # so no bullcrap.
an introductory price for forum members of 1800.00 would make it fly off the shelves..

That's puny wire and seals the deal as for not getting one. Is it playable? Sure. Will it sound great? Sure. But, I don't like to fight guitars after working on a computer all day with fatigued hands as it is. Vintage wire is just too much finger drag for me on the fretboard.

Back