The unofficial Silver Sky thread

All USA parts? Pickups? Trem? Tuners? no imported parts and assembled in Maryland?

Well, the body is glued and routed in Maryland, and Paul said they wound the pickups there. However, it is East Indian Rosewood fret board. Technically, that means no, it's not all USA parts :p

Not interested whatsoever. Too many details that don't work for me. The fact that the company released so many hard-push videos for such a specific artist model at the moment of announcement just seems odd as well.
They're touting it as such a revolutionary thing.... but it's really just another Strat copy with PRS twists on it... and how much of that price goes to JM?
I do expect they're gonna sell thousands of these to all the JM fanbois.... and expect to see many of those on the used market by next year.

Besides, now there's this...
u5HwFgM.jpg

...just my 2 pennies worth...
It would appear that someone on TGP put this on their forum on the day PRS released the signature model

The consensus of opinion on there was that it was a fake!

Nope... hate that Volume pot that gets in the way of my big fat right hand! Hate hate hate hate hate it!
It ends up making me either mod or sell every Strat body I've ever owned!

Yep, that volume knob is the main reason I don’t own any strats. Try as I might, whenever I test drive them, it just is always in the way, and I have girly hands and play fairly gently. Don’t know how SRV coped...

Back