The unofficial Silver Sky thread

But this one won’t have any bull crap.
Sorry to ruin it for you.

vaca-cacadevaca1.jpg

That's puny wire and seals the deal as for not getting one. Is it playable? Sure. Will it sound great? Sure. But, I don't like to fight guitars after working on a computer all day with fatigued hands as it is. Vintage wire is just too much finger drag for me on the fretboard.
I get it. I think I would probably struggle with that as well.

Kevin

Not interested whatsoever. Too many details that don't work for me. The fact that the company released so many hard-push videos for such a specific artist model at the moment of announcement just seems odd as well.
They're touting it as such a revolutionary thing.... but it's really just another Strat copy with PRS twists on it... and how much of that price goes to JM?
I do expect they're gonna sell thousands of these to all the JM fanbois.... and expect to see many of those on the used market by next year.

Besides, now there's this...
u5HwFgM.jpg

...just my 2 pennies worth...

I'm planning on buying one...

Whenever one with a maple board becomes available

Because a PRS guitar with typical strat (but better) sounding pickups is a deadly combination. Simply DEADLY. And I need it. It will kick all other strats out of my collection and out of my memory in a heartbeat.

HOWEVER

I can look past the 7.25 inch radius but I cant look past the rosewood board. Even from the clips of JM playing the Silver Sky, it sounds great but to my ears and for my purposes, I need a maple fingerboard because I need the brightness that is missing.

To my ears, whenever he or anyone else (see one of the videos uploaded yesterday of the player playing the Silver Sky and comparing it to his 60s strat) plays 'Lenny' it sounds too dark... It needs a maple board or some serious EQ tweaking to get there.

Being the proud owner of 2 US made strats (one maple, one rosewood), I can't tell you how many issues I have had with both guitars due to workmanship & set up, & tuning problems. I for one think PRS quality is unsurpassed. PRS guitars, as Paul says has said many times, come "gig ready". At least on the videos, the PRS strat tones sound authentic to me. Oh - BTW - Have you ever tried to put new strings on a vintage Strat? I love the PRS tuners. Changing strings is very simple and quick.

Nope... hate that Volume pot that gets in the way of my big fat right hand! Hate hate hate hate hate it!
It ends up making me either mod or sell every Strat body I've ever owned!

I get that a scarf joint is a cost savings technique, but I hope I don't see the words like:"PRS designed", "vintage style", and other adjectives that hint towards an overseas model. Just my opinion. :) Hope it is a great guitar!

I get that a scarf joint is a cost savings technique, but I hope I don't see the words like:"PRS designed", "vintage style", and other adjectives that hint towards an overseas model. Just my opinion. :) Hope it is a great guitar!

Shawn has already stated that this is a Maryland made guitar.

Hi, looked at them at Sweetwater's website. I believe I read some where that they are $2300.00 and you get a gig bag?

Back