The unofficial Silver Sky thread

Still not remotely interested, but after watching the Bryan Ewald demo and the conversation with Rene Martinez, I "get" the guitar. It seems pretty cool, and if I were a "traditional S" player, it'd be on the short list. Mr. Smith seems pretty excited, and I am hoping they have their 3-single coil "hit"!!

The flush mount vibrato is intriguing and those Kluson deluxe looking tuners look rad as heck. I wonder if they’re a variant on the top locking Kluson style ones that Schaller makes. The pickups also sound cool, don’t think PRS ever took a stab at true single coils before. Think we’ll ever see an in-house P-90 set, just maybe with a staple style bass?

I'm pretty sure the first 500 are all taken by now, lol. Most of my main major dealers are down to their last 8 or so...

Oh well, I'm cool with a nice gig bag. I'm confident that 'Red' will fit in my DC3 case just fine.

:)

I had a '57 Surf Green reissue for a spell. I can't say that I disliked the 7.25 radius and smaller frets on that. I really liked the soft V neck carve though. The carve is more important to me than almost anything else.

I'm pretty sure the first 500 are all taken by now, lol. Most of my main major dealers are down to their last 8 or so...

Oh well, I'm cool with a nice gig bag. I'm confident that 'Red' will fit in my DC3 case just fine.

I wonder how early the order window closed on those first 500. Guess we'll find out!

The first 500 will be chosen by lottery, so that the big store aren't able to scarf them all up. Hopefully the love will be spread pretty evenly this way.

Can I say that I don't like that headstock or this is only a show-love thread? :D

The first 500 will be chosen by lottery, so that the big store aren't able to scarf them all up. Hopefully the love will be spread pretty evenly this way.

Thats a good idea!

I called up one dealer and they told me that their allotment of the 'first 500' were taken so now they were taking gig bag orders (and that those guitars were be available later in the year). Was kinda confusing.

The tremendous amount of traffic to our website, caused it to crash. I guess there is some interest in this thing?

Funny thing was that I was just on this forum seconds before the crash then stepped away for a short meeting and came back to try to view the thread. But couldnt connect. Tried for about 15 minutes and kept getting errors before the lightbulb came on. After 15 minutes, the thought hit me: I bet PRS just turned the sky silver and I missed it.

Then I stopped trying to connect and went straight to youtube to see the lauch video.

Pretty much describes my day...it's on a loop in my head....not worthy of Sergios Jewish kid on Christmas analogy, but I can relate...PRSh is THE Ice Cream Man!

Last edited:
The more info I get, the more worried I am... I cant do D necks (cause my hands arent that big) and I read that the neck is 'between a C and a D' and with wide shoulders.

:(

I'm just gonna have to wait until I can play one. Maybe in the meantime, one of you will get yours and will post a comparison between the neck shape and the typical PRS necks?

The more info I get, the more worried I am... I cant do D necks (cause my hands arent that big) and I read that the neck is 'between a C and a D' and with wide shoulders.

:(

I'm just gonna have to wait until I can play one. Maybe in the meantime, one of you will get yours and will post a comparison between the neck shape and the typical PRS necks?
Play it, fall in love with it, realise that all your worries weren’t necessary!:D

Back