PRS color advertised not what you get

Sorry if the post came across that way. I posted that I had no problem returning. However I did see an awesome guitar for sale and bought it only to receive a guitar no one would mistake for the one in the ad. By the way waiting at home for a day for delivery, now three days for pickup, and hours of emails was not a mountain but a hassle instead of a joy. Hoping others not going through the same thing so posted and get an idea how widespread the problem.

I wasn’t trying to be callous, just putting it in proper perspective. You bought a budget PRS sight unseen and were unhappy the color didn’t match your expectations. The easiest least hassle fix would be to simply return the guitar and be done with it. Personally I’d blame myself for not asking to see pics of the guitar I was buying. What I wouldn’t do (because it’s a huge hassle) is attempt to alert the media to a nonexistent PRS color conspiracy. Not because I’m above that, but because I’m naturally lazy and have better things to do with my time :)

always black white or red, always!
planning on picking up a red SG, Every one I have seen is the same color red!
By the way I am having guitargear send me photos of the rest of the sapphires he has in stock just in case something there that is sapphire blue.
If not I am keeping this green thing 1. only electric guitar I have. 2. My CE24 is still lost with UPS so may never see. 3. I do want at least one PRS 4. No one is even going to see this guitar except close friends that have already seen and all I look at is the fretboard 5, it is not unattractive

Still disappointed with PRS thinking this color is close enough to the guitar in their ads. I have to wonder what the inspectors are smoking, and if they share.

I wasn’t trying to be callous, just putting it in proper perspective. You bought a budget PRS sight unseen and were unhappy the color didn’t match your expectations. The easiest least hassle fix would be to simply return the guitar and be done with it. Personally I’d blame myself for not asking to see pics of the guitar I was buying. What I wouldn’t do (because it’s a huge hassle) is attempt to alert the media to a nonexistent PRS color conspiracy. Not because I’m above that, but because I’m naturally lazy and have better things to do with my time :)

Guitpick
Im not into wasting my time either. I suspect no conspiracy but question the inspectors latitude with regards colors. This guitar simply does not resemble the color in the ad. At a paint store when you choose a color they have a formula and mix .5oz of white, 1oz blue and 1oz red to get "Petty" blue, just guessing but the paint guy does not and gets the same color every time. I understand the shades of wood, amount of grain, blems etc. require different amounts of paint to be applied and even then cannot expect same results with every guitar. Before buying a PRS I must have seen over 30 videos showing PRS guitars, all were a bit different even if same color so I was expecting this guitar, like another PRS I bought which is smoked amber and darker than ad, I expected it to be different than the one in the ad. I contend this is a different color applied to this guitar, a mistake, and feel my concerns were dismissed, stuff happens, too bad. How about you have a point and we will investigate, they did say they would do that, but never stated they did or did not have any guitars in their stock that looked like the guitars in the ad to offer me so have to assume that the rest of their sapphire guitars are not closer to the color in the ad or it is just too much trouble to look.
Which leaves me feeling like the customer is not that important after the sale. Not whining but I now need a guitar and am without an electric guitar until I go through the process again, smarter this time around. I have been educated by others on the forum to get photo of actual guitar prior to committing to buy which is good advise but I would also have some advise for PRS, if you cannot deliver a product that at least looks similar to the product in the ad, change photo in the ad to what you can produce.

Im done with this issue, don't have the time or inclination. I was disturbed by what I perceive as a quality control issue but can live with their problem

Bummer,

I have a black acoustic now and hoping to get some color into my life but may have to start considering another black, grey or white. The only stores I can go to are in Guadalajara and it is unsafe right now due to the Covid and the poverty it has caused down here. Another problem I have here is lack of Luthiers so need to buy a guitar that is properly set up and few companies offer guitars that are properly set up.

The first two images are from the PRS website. The third is your image. They are not identical, but they are not worlds apart.

se_custom_22_2020_sapphire.jpg

se_custom_24_2020_photo1.jpg

94-C0-D49-D-4780-45-E4-8-B44-283-CFE718-F53-1-105-c.jpg

Bummer,

I have a black acoustic now and hoping to get some color into my life but may have to start considering another black, grey or white. The only stores I can go to are in Guadalajara and it is unsafe right now due to the Covid and the poverty it has caused down here. Another problem I have here is lack of Luthiers so need to buy a guitar that is properly set up and few companies offer guitars that are properly set up.
stewmac.com is the place to get supplies for setting up your guitars. Best to know how to do at least a set-up.
Who knows .... you may end up becoming a luthier

Guitars are made out of wood, and each piece of wood takes stain differently. Unless you see the actual guitar, the color will never match. That’s right, never. It will be close, but there are too many variables to guarantee exactness on a hand stained item. They’re not building Chevys, where they’re all gonna be alike. Either you like the color, or you don’t, but it’s not a flaw or callous disregard. It’s the way it is. And keep in mind that different light can make a color look different when they’re taking the picture. I just got an SE Hollowbody piezo from a dealer who had more than one. I told him to send me the darkest peacock blue he had. He sent me the darkest, and it’s awesome. And it’s noticeably darker than any picture I’ve seen.

W2pyJXC
I recently bought a CE24, smoked amber. Not the same as guitar pictured in ads for smoked amber but to be expected, different guitar. I am happy with this purchase, at least color wise.

However I also purchased a SE24, sapphire. I got a green guitar instead of the sapphire blue guitar advertised, or even close.
I contacted the dealer, "Guitargear" who stated that this guitar was sapphire and that all guitars are different than those advertised and that they also had several other sapphire PRS Guitars and they too looked like mine. So no doubt others will get something different than what they ordered.

This ended up being a major inconvenience for me even though I am returning and expect to be reimbursed.

I am done with PRS after discovering that if another guitar were purchased, I will get a buy another guitar but there is a good chance, 50% in my case, of getting a guitar that does not resemble the guitars that PRS advertises.
Not too vane to play an ugly guitar but when I spend my money on anything I expect it to be as advertised and offended when told that two colors the same when not!

Red, Yellow and Blue are primary colors.
Green is a color made by combining yellow and blue, there is no yellow in the photo in the ad. Trust me the guitar I got was Green, emerald green in my opinion.
I contacted PRS who stated same color but darker and that this is a rare problem.
https://ibb.co/Q8b7dRy
I had a request for a shot outside. Shows a darker sapphire, or green, than the sapphire, or green grass.
How many others who are disappointed with their purchase due to color difference.
https://ibb.co/RTCrg0t
this is guitar in the ad, what I expected. I was told by Guitargear that the other "sapphire" guitars they had in stock looked like mine. So others who expect this guitar will also get what I did. I think it is a bad deal.
https://ibb.co/XJttt9j

]https://ibb.co/W2pyJXC
W2pyJXC
FWIW, the guitar in the photo in the link looks def green to me. I certainly sympathize - you want and pay for blue, you should get blue. However, the quality of PRS construction would give me pause re dumping them as a supplier. I bought a Whale Blue S2 and it's way closer to black than it is to blue, except in the brightest sunlight. However, it is a fab guitar to play.

Based on some of the entry’s, I would say yes.

I have no idea what the Bluest guitar contest is about but wanted to let you know the latest. The Ce24 shipped from the US is still lost and being investigated by UPS so I kept the wrong color guitar.
I needed to get at least one of these guitars and the CE24 could be lost forever and reality is few will see this guitar besides me and all I really ever see is the fretboard.

Cheers

Best of luck getting your lost guitar. FWIW I much prefer the color you actually got to the one you were expecting. Not really into blue guitars, but I love the right color green and that’s a nice deep rich color. Colors have an effect on mood and for me that color is rather calming... which may not be the worst thing for you right now :)

Best of luck getting your lost guitar. FWIW I much prefer the color you actually got to the one you were expecting. Not really into blue guitars, but I love the right color green and that’s a nice deep rich color. Colors have an effect on mood and for me that color is rather calming... which may not be the worst thing for you right now :)
Thanks bro, that guitar still lost but being investigated by UPS. For that reason I have decided to keep the guitar. It is not an unattractive color, just not my preference. The preference and effect of colors on people is actually pretty interesting. Green for you is calming but for me disease. We are both wrong according to google, results below. Interesting that blue is calming not green but I am fine. I was just surprised and disappointed to get a guitar that had such a different color. I thought the blue in the ad was an awesome color.
In the end I am fortunate to even have this guitar. UPS may even find the Ce24 which is insured but will take time to go through the process then finding another. Im hardly rich but wanted to have two electric guitars.

If that is the case I have been educated, from other posts, to always get a photo of the actual guitar I want before committing. The Ce24 was bought through Sweetwater and their policy is to send you a photo of the actual guitar you bought.
  • Red: Anger, embarrassment, passion, or lust.
  • Blue: Shyness, sadness, or calmness.
  • Yellow: Cowardice, happiness, or caution.
  • Green: Disgust, envy, friendliness, or greed.
  • Purple: Pride, fear, or courageousness.
Alls good. Wishing you and yours happiness and good health

Play it, and enjoy it. I still don’t like my moss green guitar color, but every time I close my eyes and listen, I hear the magic. And that’s after 3 years.

Play it, and enjoy it. I still don’t like my moss green guitar color, but every time I close my eyes and listen, I hear the magic. And that’s after 3 years.

I have kept the guitar. It is my first electric guitar so I too am blown away by the magic. There was no way I could have shipped it away and waited ???? for another. When my eyes are open all I see is the fretboard anyhow. The day will come when I get another.

Hello everyone. :)
I have a question about all this.
Don't the blue ones fade to green over time anyway?
Organic dyes and natural light or something?
Isn't there an entire thread about that? :confused:

I agree 100%; it it feels and sounds right I couldn't care less what color it is.

Glad you decided to keep it. Really hope UPS finds your CE24. Didn't you say you were in Mexico? Maybe a hold up at Customs due to Covid? I recently had a guitar shipped from Germany and it was about 10 days longer than the shipping site said it would be. And, for a while, it appeared to be "lost" on the tracking site.

Back