PRS color advertised not what you get

Thanks bro, that guitar still lost but being investigated by UPS. For that reason I have decided to keep the guitar. It is not an unattractive color, just not my preference. The preference and effect of colors on people is actually pretty interesting. Green for you is calming but for me disease. We are both wrong according to google, results below. Interesting that blue is calming not green but I am fine. I was just surprised and disappointed to get a guitar that had such a different color. I thought the blue in the ad was an awesome color.
In the end I am fortunate to even have this guitar. UPS may even find the Ce24 which is insured but will take time to go through the process then finding another. Im hardly rich but wanted to have two electric guitars.

If that is the case I have been educated, from other posts, to always get a photo of the actual guitar I want before committing. The Ce24 was bought through Sweetwater and their policy is to send you a photo of the actual guitar you bought.
  • Red: Anger, embarrassment, passion, or lust.
  • Blue: Shyness, sadness, or calmness.
  • Yellow: Cowardice, happiness, or caution.
  • Green: Disgust, envy, friendliness, or greed.
  • Purple: Pride, fear, or courageousness.
Alls good. Wishing you and yours happiness and good health

I have kept the guitar. It is my first electric guitar so I too am blown away by the magic. There was no way I could have shipped it away and waited ???? for another. When my eyes are open all I see is the fretboard anyhow. The day will come when I get another.

It’s not really as simple as Red = Anger. It depends on the mental associations you’ve made over your time here. One shade of green can make you ill while another can make you feel revitalized. Using PRS colors as an example, Trampas green looks like covid, but Jade green makes me think of spring and renewal. A bright blue can be energetic while a dull blue just makes you feel depressed.

That green is calming for me because I associate it with a lagoon, which is a kind of ocean oasis and a wonderful place to relax. It’s purely personal and the blue is nice as blues go, I just prefer the greener hue. Not that it should matter, but I bet if you took a poll here the one you got would win by a landslide :)

It’s not really as simple as Red = Anger. It depends on the mental associations you’ve made over your time here. One shade of green can make you ill while another can make you feel revitalized. Using PRS colors as an example, Trampas green looks like covid, but Jade green makes me think of spring and renewal. A bright blue can be energetic while a dull blue just makes you feel depressed.

That green is calming for me because I associate it with a lagoon, which is a kind of ocean oasis and a wonderful place to relax. It’s purely personal and the blue is nice as blues go, I just prefer the greener hue. Not that it should matter, but I bet if you took a poll here the one you got would win by a landslide :)
I beg to differ. Jade green reminds me of a hospital, or possibly a bit of the 80s. (thinking Miami Vice Wellcraft Scarab boat. ...although that was and still is cool, it's a bit old and outdated), Trampas green on the other hand, by combining a light green and grey, screams modern and high tech. The same goes for blue. Bright blue (unless it's metalic) is old and uninspiring whereas a faded whale blue is a cool multi step high tech finish and speaks to me as new, high tech and top of the line. ...or maybe i'm just saying that because I own a Trampas Green CE24 lol. ...no that's not it, I sought out Trampas Green when shopping for my CE24. lol

No doubt colour evokes something 'different' to everyone. Some may well associate colour with an experience, some sports team or maybe even some image/place - that may not always be a positive association of course. There are documented effects of colour use and its impact on people too but again, if you have an overriding association with a specific colour, those will most likely take precedence over the 'established'.

There are reasons why certain colours are used by brands or by signs to convey a message. But again, if you have an association with a certain colour though, maybe that message is lost. When you hear something like Blue and Calming, that really doesn't mean that everyone will feel calm at every shade of blue and if you have an association with 'Blue' (like maybe its the colour of your rival sports team or associate it with a bad experience), it certainly won't be a calming colour for you.

To me Trampus Green looks like mould - that grey sickly green mould you may find on food that's gone past its shelf life, mould you find in an old damp house etc - to me its 'death and decay'. Its completely the opposite of fresh and modern - not to say @Outlier22 is 'wrong' with their association, just that mine is a completely opposite opinion and how the same colour can be perceived by two different people.

Green is often used though for companies or logo's that are environmentally ethical (or want to convey that thought) so the recycling logo is green. Although often its a brighter, more vibrant green to evoke the image of healthy plant growth. Shade/tone of green does make a difference - I am sure that a light blue may evoke a sense of calm - much like a blue sky on a calm day but a dark Navy Blue may not have the same 'calming' effect. I worked in the Graphic Design industry too so I understood the message colour can convey which was helpful in designing for companies.

I know that colour can be very important to someone - after all, my guitars are all red, or have some red. Of my 7 PRS guitars, 6 are Fire Red Burst and the other is Charcoal Cherry Burst so has some 'red'. I dislike some colours too - mostly because of association so I understand why Colours matter. I would never buy a PRS (or any guitar) in certain colours - regardless of how 'good' it is as an instrument. If there is an alternative colour (especially Red), I will buy it in that colour or 'make do' with the guitars I already have rather than buy a guitar in a colour I don't like. So I do understand how important colour can be.

Anyway, the point is Colour can have an effect on people as described. There is a reason that colours are often carefully chosen by companies for their logo, why certain colours are chosen for signs/symbols etc, but association with certain colours can override those. Associating light blue with a bad experience, maybe even the colours of your rivals will likely override the 'general' perception of that colour.

So what emotion does plaid evoke?

:p
th

You really can't buy a color by looking at an ad. The colors always look different based on the lighting in the room and the camera used. This is true of all guitars. I've seen it with Gibson and Fender too.

You really can't buy a color by looking at an ad. The colors always look different based on the lighting in the room and the camera used. This is true of all guitars. I've seen it with Gibson and Fender too.

+20. ‘torino red’ my achin ass.

Back