NGD PRS McCarty 594 Single Cut 10 Top in Black Gold Burst

Zanza-Dia-Phos

Good day everyone!

Well I actually bought this guitar last month but I just wanted to share some pictures of my new PRS McCarty 594 Single Cut 10top in Black Goldburst.

The best guitar I have ever played.

I love the tone, the neck is so comfortable, the pickups are so clear and pleasing to listen to.

I mainly play modern metal and this sounds great with all the high gain plugins like Gojira from Neural DSP, or STL Tones Tonehub Colin Richardson, Josh Middleton, and Will Putney expansions.

IMG-0516.jpg

IMG-0511.jpg

IMG-0582.jpg

The inlays really pop

IMG-0583.jpg

I love the headstock veneer!

I finally pulled the trigger on a PRS core custom 24. It's a 2018 model, violet blue burst. After many years of searching I finally found one locally and used, such that I both like the color and the price.
NYQYil-QTT-Wo-Su-DZih-FFTw.jpg

20230622-200002.jpg

(Obviously the pickups are not stock, btw, and I plan to replace them with 85/15 TCIs I just bought)

However, I understand that PRS guitars with blue and purple stains are prone to fading over time, even with minimal light exposure. I'd prefer to keep the purple color as close to as it is now as possible (though maybe I wouldn't mind if the blue burst faded a little). Most people say the proper remedy for fading is to keep it housed in its case at all times when not playing.

However, I find it to be somewhat problematic to keep the guitar in its case all the time for the following reasons:
1. I can't fit it in the case with its strap on. I need the strap to play the guitar comfortably and in a position I like, but it's a major hassle to take the strap off and on all the time, every time I want to play. I find the PRS strap buttons to be especially hard for this, as they seem to be both shallow and wide, which makes it really a total pain to get the strap over the button.
2. Putting the whammy bar on and tightening it, then loosening it and taking it off is an annoyance, too.
3. I don't have lots of surface area to keep a big case out at all times so it's ready to open up and take the guitar out to play.

I'm generally of the opinion that guitars are meant to be played, not babied, so how do I solve this dilemma? I keep all my other guitars out on stands in my basement. There are only a couple of garden-level windows, so it's kinda dim at all times, but it's definitely not pitch black during the day.

Are there any creative solutions people can think of for how to avoid fading, but still keep the guitar playably ready for me at most times? Should I build some sort of standing coffin that blocks out light, but doesn't get in the way of the strap and whammy bar? Any other ideas
Thank you!

Yes It immediately struck me when I saw it in the showcase at the store.
Thank goodness it came with a hard case!

Stunning guitar. It sounds like we have similar tastes (music and guitar). My SC594s are my favorite guitars. Your example is fantastic! The teardrop burst pattern and the finish look awesome. Great purchase.

Back