2011 Stripped 58 Black Gold (non burst)

Fatherjones.com

I just snagged one of these, this model has always been my favorite PRS. This 2011 edition came with birds and a very nice non-10 top. I love the 5708 pick ups. I was surprised when I looked at the MODCAT that it indicated the color as black gold. I adore it and it's the only one I have seen that is not a burst. In other words there is no black around the edges. Anybody else seen one of these?

Last edited:
I grew up in Maryland, and therefore always have adored Paul Reed Smith guitars as a Maryland boy. My mom's house was near the original factory in fact. I will never forget the first time I played a Custom at Chuck Leavin's in Wheaton and thought it was the nicest looking guitar ever. Though I didnt like the pickups or five way rotary. Late 80s. Shoulda bought it and had a vintage trophy, but who knew. Couldnt afford it then anyway.

Last edited:
IMG_4201.jpeg
Hopefully this counts as my fourth post.

I actually traded a stunning 594 McCarty ten top and a Tele for this and a custom built Suhr Classic S with roasted neck and Scott Henderson specs. Feeling good. A fair trade, and this and the Suhr fit me better.

Last edited:
Congrats! Absolutely gorgeous! The SC58 is definitely my favorite fixed bridge PRS singlecut. I obsessed with trying out 594s for a long time, but never could find the right one. When I found my SC58.. I knew right away Goldie was the one.

I grew up in Maryland, and therefore always have adored Paul Reed Smith guitars as a Maryland boy. My mom's house was near the original factory in fact. I will never forget the first time I played a Custom at Chuck Leavin's in Wheaton and thought it was the nicest looking guitar ever. Though I didnt like the pickups or five way rotary. Late 80s. Shoulda bought it and had a vintage trophy, but who knew. Couldnt afford it then anyway.
That exact store is where I first found out about PRS as well. Paul's was demoing, and they had one of the blue multifoils I desperately wanted. By the time I was able to get one, they didn't make them any more.

Back