Black Gold - Non Burst - Only One In the World?

Fatherjones.com

IMG_4199.jpeg
My Stripped 58 says on the MODCAT it is in Black Gold. But it has no black around the edge and really isnt a burst at all. Anybody else have one too? Let's see them. I searched the internet and found only one similar to mine

A quick Google for me finds there are more that lean towards yours than what I think of as black gold today. Sure some have a more pronounced dark ring, but not all. We're also talking about nearly a 13 year old guitar. If you have a question on the color, you can always email the serial and/or modcat to PRS as well.

IMG_4199.jpeg
My Stripped 58 says on the MODCAT it is in Black Gold. But it has no black around the edge and really isnt a burst at all. Anybody else have one too? Let's see them. I searched the internet and found only one similar to mine
What a nice finish, man. “Black Gold” and “Black Gold Burst” are two different finishes, but I believe you’ve already figured that out. Not too common in the wild, yours, but it sure looks nice.

Well this has been a good thread. It does indeed seem that there aren't many Black Golds that look like this out there. Super glad this one found me! Thing is so good.

dscn3204-jpg.586784

Black Gold is a colloquial term for oil. As a colour code there is no connection to black or burst, or even flames.
My 2011 513 has a quilted top (10-T) and it is Black Gold, too.
If PRS' colour code describes a guitar Black Gold Burst, then the to the edges it turns actually to a dark brown or black. And the back and the neck of the guitar generally has the same mono colour, too.

dscn3204-jpg.586784

Black Gold is a colloquial term for oil. As a colour code there is no connection to black or burst, or even flames.
If PRS' colour code describes a guitar Black Gold Burst, then the to the edges it turns actually to a dark brown or black. And the back and the neck of the guitar generally has the same mono colour, too.
Yes! Somebody finally posted one! And a beauty. Also from 2011.

dscn3204-jpg.586784

Hubba Hubba.

No not looking for a unicorn. Looking for a herd. So far on this thread its only 2011s that have been id'd. Maybe that was the year for Black Gold.

Wait, are you looking for black gold guitars or only 2011 black gold? That's some specific Texas Tea..Now we're drilling for oil! :)
All of them. But since this thread got rolling I have only seen samples from 2011. Makes me wonder if that was when they cranked most of them out.

Back