McCarty 594, pickups and tone chasing; 5 pickups in 5 days

The 58/15 LT’s in my 2020 594 are excellent but I wanted a little more honk and sparkle that I hear on some of my favourite Burst records…Mike Bloomfield etc. I got Mark from OX4 to build me a set of A4 low wind PAFs with short base plates so they fit. Video to come..

So I tried the latest Bare Knuckle Pickups:
Peacemaker
These are designed for Chris Robertson and his style of play with LPs:
https://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/pickup/humbucker/peacemaker

All I can say is wow. Blew me away. Best BKP I’ve ever experimented in the 594 series, and I’ve played with a half dozen of their PAF versions. I’ve also played plenty with the PRS thin lines, SC, and DC S2’s. I decided when I finally got my core SC to try these out. I’m so glad I did. Exactly what I was looking for. Nice compression and saturation, great clarity. All I can say is it has more balls than 58/15 LT in a good way. To me it still stays distinctly PAF, but can certainly cover more styles now. They split beautifully as well. I would highly suggest to anybody thinking about doing a swap and interested in BKP. They aren’t cheap, but are well worth it (IMO) and still run cheaper than PRS prices for the 58/15 LT. And no, I did not get the wonky design of his. I went for an aged look since my core is older and already has patina. It has aged good gold screws that match the brass saddles great!

H7apK2f.jpg

Last edited:
So I tried the latest Bare Knuckle Pickups:
Peacemaker
These are designed for Chris Robertson and his style of play with LPs:
https://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/pickup/humbucker/peacemaker

All I can say is wow. Blew me away. Best BKP I’ve ever experimented in the 594 series, and I’ve played with a half dozen of their PAF versions. I’ve also played plenty with the PRS thin lines, SC, and DC S2’s. I decided when I finally got my core SC to try these out. I’m so glad I did. Exactly what I was looking for. Nice compression and saturation, great clarity. All I can say is it has more balls than 58/15 LT in a good way. To me it still stays distinctly PAF, but can certainly cover more styles now. They split beautifully as well. I would highly suggest to anybody thinking about doing a swap and interested in BKP. They aren’t cheap, but to me are well worth it and still run cheaper than PRS prices for the 58/15 LT. And no, I did not get the wonky design of his. I went for an aged look since my core is older and already has patina. It has aged good gold screws that match the brass saddles great!

H7apK2f.jpg
That is just one fantasticalicious guitar right there!!!

Back