Markie & 11Top go to Colorado............

Nice shot! What did you guys do besides rock out and take pics? Sounds like a fun trip.

Went Hiking, went to Wildwood Guitars, watched Steve try on Hats, went to Breckenridge, played every Guitar Hans owns, ate a bunch of food that was bad for us, took a Train to the top of Pikes Peak, ate dinner at The Broadmoor, drove around in the mountains on some "not so safe" dirt roads, & last but not least............... got to hang out with my good friend Eden 'O' Matic for a few hours!

Someday I'm going to visit again.

I loved that drive up Pike's Peak. It was a white-knuckled drive down when it started snowing. At least it was before they started putting in the guard rails.

These falls are actually ON the Hansomatic estate. Life is good!

Wouldn't that be cool? :)

Here's a photo of Steve taking the photo above (click to enlarge). That's Markie up on the bridge. Pretty sure Steve got mooned at one point. We're so mature.

IMG_1809.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again for making the trip to see me boys. It was such a great weekend. Here are some highlights.

Click to enlarge.

Balcony from the condo in Breckenridge

IMG_1794.jpg

Downtown Breck ("We Play Guitar")

IMG_1803.jpg

Half yards at the Golden Bee (Couldn't talk Steve into a full yard)

IMG_1812.jpg

Markie enjoying the view (above tree line) on the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak

IMG_1830.jpg

Steve playing the Black Sheep

IMG_1836.jpg

The boys trying to get a better view of 7-falls (way in the background) from atop Mt. Cutler

IMG_1840.jpg

Looking West from Mt. Cutler

IMG_1842.jpg

Steve at the top of Mt. Cutler with my hounds

IMG_1844.jpg

Markie getting a little too close to North Cheyenne Cañon.

IMG_1850.jpg

At one point, someone dared someone else to get into the creek. I'm not saying who. All you need to know is there is one guy who volunteered to stay behind and take a photo that proved we did it. This is run-off from the snowy mountain tops a couple miles upstream. I'm still trying to shake my balls out of my abdomen. We were seconds away from going hypothermic. Good thing I'm fat. :)

IMG_1865.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. Been a long time since I was there - since my sister-in-law bailed on the state before we made a second trip. Didn't get to go up Pike's Peak (to my disappointment - that was a 'next trip' plan because we ran out of time at Garden Of The Gods), but we did get to Seven Falls.

That just looks like so much fun!

I spoke with a longstanding guitar playing buddy today about taking a trip to Nashville or Austin, but he didn't seem very enthusiastic, so I guess that's not gonna happen.

I loved Austin when I played SXSW, but it's been several years. Been a few years since Nashville, too. I want to go back to both places.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;151122 said:
TSteve at the top of Mt. Cutler with my hounds

The Hansomatic Hounds are the best pooches in the universe. I miss my buds, Roxie and Hank!!! :bawling:

And most well-behaved. Hans has done a heck of a job training his pups.

Last edited:
Back