Dark Side Of The Moon/Total Eclipse Of The Sun

You only see one side of it. It seems unlikely you would see only 1 side of a rotating ball.
I will agree that it's strange that it rotates in sync with the earth but humanity hasn't had enough time to document it. Maybe in a billion years it will have turned a little so a small new portion will be visible from earth and another small portion will no longer be visible.

The moon surface is supposed to be like gravel. Gravel wouldn't reflect that much light as you see.
Depends on the type and color of gravel IMO.

The moon most likely is self lit like the sun, just not as powerful.
Doubtful IMO, but I haven't been there.

I just meant the sun goes down every night. It's like an eclipse! Maybe the moon is flat. You only see one side of it. It seems unlikely you would see only 1 side of a rotating ball. More unlikely that it would be the same size as the sun in the sky. The moon surface is supposed to be like gravel. Gravel wouldn't reflect that much light as you see. The moon most likely is self lit like the sun, just not as powerful.
Look, at this point, I DO know better. But I’m going to ask anyway. Have you ever looked at the moon with even an affordable telescope? Seriously. You can see that it’s round. You can look at different times and see that it’s “moving” in a way that makes you see a different part of it at different times and proving it’s round.

And, did you even get any kind of view of the eclipse this week? When there was only the tiniest sliver of sun visible, it was still daylight out. That’s how bright the sun is. Even 5% of it is WAY too bright to look right at, and creates more light than on a cloudy day. It is very clearly bright enough to light up the moon. Come on man. You have to know better than this stuff you’re saying.

I will agree that it's strange that it rotates in sync with the earth but humanity hasn't had enough time to document it. Maybe in a billion years it will have turned a little so a small new portion will be visible from earth and another small portion will no longer be visible. Grade C-

Depends on the type and color of gravel IMO. Come on gravel isn't glow in the dark.

Doubtful IMO, but I haven't been there. The vacuum would make you swell up like a beachball.
It seems you would see different angles of the moon depending on your location.

An extraordinary photo! Not only were we hit by a total eclipse, not only did we have the best weather in America, but it just so happened that the International Space Station passed over Quebec just as the moon's shadow was upon us (Mont Mégantic) ! Here's the fabulous planetary landscape the astronauts were able to contemplate.

435700097_848837327287316_1958934032884972113_n.jpg

An extraordinary photo! Not only were we hit by a total eclipse, not only did we have the best weather in America, but it just so happened that the International Space Station passed over Quebec just as the moon's shadow was upon us (Mont Mégantic) ! Here's the fabulous planetary landscape the astronauts were able to contemplate.

435700097_848837327287316_1958934032884972113_n.jpg
Epic

Look, at this point, I DO know better. But I’m going to ask anyway. Have you ever looked at the moon with even an affordable telescope? Seriously. You can see that it’s round. You can look at different times and see that it’s “moving” in a way that makes you see a different part of it at different times and proving it’s round.

And, did you even get any kind of view of the eclipse this week? When there was only the tiniest sliver of sun visible, it was still daylight out. That’s how bright the sun is. Even 5% of it is WAY too bright to look right at, and creates more light than on a cloudy day. It is very clearly bright enough to light up the moon. Come on man. You have to know better than this stuff you’re saying.
I agree with what you are saying but a round disc is different than a globular moon. I just think if it was a globe moon you would see different angles from different parts of our flat plain that we live on. Oops I meant spinning top world.

I'm in the same situation, heat pump to change, I even sold a guitar to limit the damage, but it was just a Gibson SG so everything is fine.
The good news is that I was in exactly the right place for the total eclipse and it was an unforgettable moment!
Two of my daughters were in the path, Dallas and Austin, and said the same. I saw a little of it through the clouds here. It’s a cool thing to see.

Back