New Joe bonamassa pickups on the horizon

SteveGlitch

All for Lew ❤ RIP my friend
As all of you have seen my '63 Cradle Rock set youtube video review, and have seen that I pretty much have to have any Seymour Duncan limited release I see these days, it appears Joe Bonamassa and Seymour Duncan have done it yet again...

This time it's the Blonde Dot.

So yes, of course I ordered a set and it will be arriving Tuesday. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to throw them into something, hell, not sure what guitar I'll even put them in. I could put them in my ESP Ltd Eclipse... or maybe I'll just get a cheap SG or ES335 or maybe a DGT SE. No clue what I'm going to do with this set but I'm very excited to try them as Seymour Duncan has never disappointed.

After all, I'm THAT guy who let his Silver Sky SE sit for a couple months in the box :p

I’m also thinking about buying these, but I don’t really have a guitar that I would want to put them into. I like all the pickups they’ve got now. Oh well, guess I’ll just HAVE to buy yet another guitar. Damnit.

I’m also thinking about buying these, but I don’t really have a guitar that I would want to put them into. I like all the pickups they’ve got now. Oh well, guess I’ll just HAVE to buy yet another guitar. Damnit.
I don't really either. I was considering ripping the Greenie pups out the Eclipse but the more I think on that, the more I realize I really love the Green Magics in that so I gotta get something new lol O feel ya!

The legit question is: Do they actually make your guitar sound better?
How about the rest of the chain of tonal genesis?

It's the same with EVH and all the fanboys, that need the exact specs of the pups in Peavey HP2 guitars.
More balanced than the vast majority of sets on the market Better? Yes.

Better? That's debatable.

I'm not a Joe Bonamassa fan per say, I don't know any of his music or songs. So why do I buy his pickups? Because I know his collection is amazing, I know that that they'll sound great

I'm a big SD fan.. These days I'm such a PRS junkie and their pickups have become so good I rarely go elsewhere anymore. Like my first thought looking at these was I'd rather have a set of 5815LT. The whole 5x/xx series just works for me. The 5708 or 5815LT in the neck and 5909 bridge is probably my all time favorite combo. If I want a more there's the Tremonti or \m/. Want some old school PRS, there's D1 or D2. And one of my favs that are in PRS but not PRS are the DW tomahawks. Paul's got this guy hooked..

I installed them today in my 2001 Santana SE. They sound great and feel great to play. They can go from smooth to mean by changing your pick attack. It's a really great set of pickups.
That's awesome! I bet they sound amazing!

I have the Seymour Duncan Peter Frampton siggy pickups in my Santana SE which you can see here:

My Blonde Dot pickups came in but I haven't opened the box yet, I think I'm going to have to buy another guitar to throw them in.

]My Blonde Dot pickups came in but I haven't opened the box yet, I think I'm going to have to buy another guitar to throw them in.
SeHb2? Maybe a se standard HB? These seem like they'd be a damn good fit.

I personally think the se holllowbody is one if the best se made. As much as I think the 5815 in mine are pretty good pickups I've been dying to swap them even before arrival.

SeHb2? Maybe a se standard HB? These seem like they'd be a damn good fit.

I personally think the se holllowbody is one if the best se made. As much as I think the 5815 in mine are pretty good pickups I've been dying to swap them even before arrival.
I hadn't even considered it til I read your comment just now, I just looked it up and really dig it. This color looks great!

Does this version really feature the Piezo, or is that an error in the description? Seems like they have a good amount of different models in the hollowbody lineup.

Thanks!!

I hadn't even considered it til I read your comment just now, I just looked it up and really dig it. This color looks great!

Does this version really feature the Piezo, or is that an error in the description? Seems like they have a good amount of different models in the hollowbody lineup.

Thanks!!
Happy to help.. nope not an enabler at all, not me! :)

They have multiple se hollowbody versions. The hollowbody II with and without piezo. They have the standard and there's a new release standard piezo in doghair which is pretty damn cool!

What's also cool is it's different from the core. I like it when the lines have a model that's unique or a variation of the other lines. Makes that much more sense to me to add more PRS variety.

I have the hollowbody II in faded blue burst. I had to have that finish right when they released it. The piezo model maple binding is even nicer. I've played all of the variations and been impressed with them all.

Last edited:
Happy to help.. nope not an enabler at all, not me! :)

They have multiple se hollowbody versions. The hollowbody II with and without piezo. They have the standard and there's a new release standard piezo in doghair which is pretty damn cool!

What's also cool is it's different from the core. I like it when the lines have a model that's unique or a variation of the other lines. Makes that much more sense to me to add more PRS variety.

I have the hollowbody II in faded blue burst. I had to have that finish right when they released it. The piezo model maple binding is even nicer. I've played all of the variations and been impressed with them all.
I think I'm set on the Charcoal Hollowbody SE! I've been looking and was debating on that one and maybe an ES335 but I already have a couple Semi-Hollow which includes one of my main guitars (a Gretsch Blue Angel) and amazingly came to the realization that I don't have any hollowbody electrics. I think I'll be impressed with the Hollowbody SE, just as I am with the Santana SE and the Silver Sky SE.

Though, it may be a bit before I get it because I still gotta order the LT pups, an amp that's been on my radar and some other parts for other guitars that need to get worked on first. Who knows, maybe I'll get it quicker than I think 🤔 😏 😌 🤪

Back