Pickups for 2023 S2 McCarty 594

Solid advice. And having 2 sets of those and your description: I dunno if you will be happy with them. They are rather mellow sounding, compared to the more abbrasive PAF varieties you mentioned. It would be a shame if you jumped on them too quickly

Going to put in 57/08s with an Emerson 50s wiring kit. No coil splits.
Hard to go wrong with the 57/08s. The neck in the Stripped 58 is my favorite ever. The bridge sometimes needs a clean boost for EOB/distortion and if I could effortlessly switch to a 59/09 I'd love to try that but the 57/08 is close enough I'll probably never change.

There's a Pearly bridge in my superstrat which sounds awesome and that's what I'll probably go with if I ever swap the 58/18S pups in the 594 SC since I already have 57/08 and Wolfetone Marshallhead/Dr V sets.

Last edited:
I recently put Fishman Fluence Classic humbuckers in an old Les Paul. I have the same pickups in an emerald Virtuo guitar. The Fluence pickups have coil tap capability as well as phase inverter capability. I think they have excellent clarity and tone. I may put a set in one of my PRS guitars.

I have the stock 58/15 LT pickups in a core SC 594. I really like these pick ups as well. To my ears, the Fluence pick ups are a little brighter than the 58/15 LT pickups. The Fluence pickups have a high frequency tilt feature that can be enabled to decrease the treble response to get a darker tone.

Hard to go wrong with the 57/08s. The neck in the Stripped 58 is my favorite ever. The bridge sometimes needs a clean boost for EOB/distortion and if I could effortlessly switch to a 59/09 I'd love to try that but the 57/08 is close enough I'll probably never change.
I was the same with my Stripper. Then I found a sweet spot with the bridge, higher than I'd normally go. Like there is a higher adjustment that's still balanced with the neck but gets the right push from the bridge. Took me a while to dial in, but got me exactly where I want to be. A 5909 swap is a thought of the past and I was damn near dead set on it. The 5708 bridge now rocks!

But that neck tone has and will always be amazing! I smile every damn time I pick up the Stripper.

If I was not going with 57/08s I would go with the Porter Anthems.

Brian will overwind the bridge for you if you want a little more from your bridge.
He can even do the gold pole pieces with a brushed nickel cover to match or keep the same aesthetic as some of Prs pickups with that color scheme.

If I was not going with 57/08s I would go with the Porter Anthems.

Brian will overwind the bridge for you if you want a little more from your bridge.
He can even do the gold pole pieces with a brushed nickel cover to match or keep the same aesthetic as some of Prs pickups with that color scheme.
I was considering those, but I wanted PRS pickups in it.

Back