Introducing myself.

Indeed you are so correct my friend. Oh, and a thanks to the last few guys who welcomed me.Its an odd experience this PRS addiction. Previously as I mentioned in my intro, I was into Strats, and still very much am. It was the first guitar, that made me sit up and take notice all those years ago, and I’ve never lost my fascination with them. I can’t ever imagine not having one. But time moves on, and others join the party. The PRS party. I find the stuff that Paul is making just keeps me asking myself is it time to check this new one out. Then of course, there’s the one after that. Clever marketing that’s for sure, and even though I suspect I can see if that way at times, the wound does not heal.Whats to become of us?

I got bit by the bug almost 18 years ago when a neighbor had a PRS. I picked it up and played it and immediately fell in love with it. I swore that one day I'd own one, but looking at the price tags kind of put a damper on my dreams. Along came the SE line, and one day I saw one hanging in the secondhand music store for a price I could not pass up. Was so new it didn't have a mark on it. Beautiful craftsmanship and amazing playability.

Reactions: OGN
I got bit by the bug almost 18 years ago when a neighbor had a PRS. I picked it up and played it and immediately fell in love with it. I swore that one day I'd own one, but looking at the price tags kind of put a damper on my dreams. Along came the SE line, and one day I saw one hanging in the secondhand music store for a price I could not pass up. Was so new it didn't have a mark on it. Beautiful craftsmanship and amazing playability.
The SE line of gits are excellent guitars! I own two…

Hi everyone,

Ive just recently joined, so as seems the custom, Ive put a few details together that gives a rough picture of where I’m at.

Ive arrived rather late into this musical scene, and so have only really been playing on and off for about twenty years or so. Now I’m retired, I’m able to spend far more time involving myself with these wonderful instruments, and so play every day for a couple of hours.

Unlike so many of you guys, I can’t boast of a huge back ground in gigs, and tours, and such like, and am strictly a stay at home player. That way the only person who regularly hears my missed notes and such like , is my dear wife, who is an angel as far as encouraging me to play on.

I started with a Yamaha acoustic, which I still have, and then obtained an Epiphone Les Paul. Next a Mexican strat, which again I still own.As I progressed I found myself taking a wider interest in other guitar manufacturers, and of course PRS came into view. I eventually took the plunge and bought a Custom SE 24-08. Wow, what a fantastic piece of kit. Everything about it struck a chord( pun intended).It was to my mind easier to play than my other guitars, beautifully built, in fact flawless.Its been love ever since.

Next I traded the LP in a deal for a Piezo11. Next another 24-08,then a Silver Sky, and just this week a Paul’s se.Think I’d better stop and pause there for a while.
Im sure it’s over kill, but each one is like the first one, the quality is so consistent.

I am totally inconsistent in my favourite amongst them, and by that I mean, it changes almost daily. It is a nice problem to have though.

I’ve followed this forum for quite a while, and thought it was about time I got involved, sobered I am. Nice to be aboard.

Welcome! I also joined the ranks of the retired recently. I am 56, and have been playing on and off since I was 16. I started off learning classical guitar, then joined a high school band where we played Rush covers, Van Halen, and random other stuff. I took a LONG hiatus from the guitar when I got married and had kids- so we are talking I didn't play for 15-17 years. I sold all my gear (had a Kramer and a Fender Twin with a bunch of Boss pedals, and a Yamaha 12 string acoustic) and swore one day I would get back into it and buy a really nice guitar. In between then and now I had bought a cheap Washburn acoustic ands started dabbling again. Fast forward to about 5 years ago, I picked up a dirt cheap Ibanez Gio and a Spyder Line 6 and had a good time with that and a Boss ME70 pedalboard. Joined a novice band and we had a great time getting back into the groove. Now that I am retired, I play for about 1-2 hours every day, picked up a PRS SE 35th Anniversary in Blue Burst and a Marshall Code 50. Love the setup. It's so nice to be able to sit down and learn new things, and really enjoy the guitar I am playing. Learning about set up, action and intonation has been good for me too.
Welcome guys!

Several in this thread mentioned they're retired, as am I-- Perhaps we should consider creating a "Retired Folks" Club LOL!

It's nice having time to play just for the joy of it :)

Welcome all! The only piece of kit I love as much as my PRSi is my Fractal Audio Axe FXIII!! Looking forward to the axe pix like others, but I also try to encourage folk to POST SOME MUSIC!!!! It is after all why we have these machines ;~)) You can do so in the Studio & Stage part of the forum where you can start your own thread(s) or add to the "Show Us YOUR Youtube videos" thread and other threads!

Welcome to one of the coolest guitar forums on the 'net!

We'd like to see some images of your (all new members) fine guitars. The next step in your forum training is learning how to post an image of said guitars :). I went through it. Moondog??

Also, not many new members take the time to config the avatar and profile straight off. Well done and thanks for sharing your "flair".

Again, welcome!

We'd like to see some images of your (all new members) fine guitars. The next step in your forum training is learning how to post an image of said guitars :). I went through it. Moondog??
@ROCKING 71. (and other new members), if you need a hand in posting pix of your axes (or anything else), you can start at this thread ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ) which contains all posts that I am aware of regarding posting pix here on this forum (which is not as easy as 99% of other places I have visited on the web, but that's a different topic)! Reach out to me via a private message if that material does not get you over the hump ;~))

Welcome and I'm also new :)

I'm in my late 30's and play at a bit of a "larger" church. I agree with deepender, church is a great way to not only grow oneself spiritually but also musically. Finding one you're comfortable with, can make friends at, will open new doors for you!

Back