Introducing myself.

ROCKING 71.

Hi everyone,

Ive just recently joined, so as seems the custom, Ive put a few details together that gives a rough picture of where I’m at.

Ive arrived rather late into this musical scene, and so have only really been playing on and off for about twenty years or so. Now I’m retired, I’m able to spend far more time involving myself with these wonderful instruments, and so play every day for a couple of hours.

Unlike so many of you guys, I can’t boast of a huge back ground in gigs, and tours, and such like, and am strictly a stay at home player. That way the only person who regularly hears my missed notes and such like , is my dear wife, who is an angel as far as encouraging me to play on.

I started with a Yamaha acoustic, which I still have, and then obtained an Epiphone Les Paul. Next a Mexican strat, which again I still own.As I progressed I found myself taking a wider interest in other guitar manufacturers, and of course PRS came into view. I eventually took the plunge and bought a Custom SE 24-08. Wow, what a fantastic piece of kit. Everything about it struck a chord( pun intended).It was to my mind easier to play than my other guitars, beautifully built, in fact flawless.Its been love ever since.

Next I traded the LP in a deal for a Piezo11. Next another 24-08,then a Silver Sky, and just this week a Paul’s se.Think I’d better stop and pause there for a while.
Im sure it’s over kill, but each one is like the first one, the quality is so consistent.

I am totally inconsistent in my favourite amongst them, and by that I mean, it changes almost daily. It is a nice problem to have though.

I’ve followed this forum for quite a while, and thought it was about time I got involved, sobered I am. Nice to be aboard.

Hi everyone,

Ive just recently joined, so as seems the custom, Ive put a few details together that gives a rough picture of where I’m at.

Ive arrived rather late into this musical scene, and so have only really been playing on and off for about twenty years or so. Now I’m retired, I’m able to spend far more time involving myself with these wonderful instruments, and so play every day for a couple of hours.

Unlike so many of you guys, I can’t boast of a huge back ground in gigs, and tours, and such like, and am strictly a stay at home player. That way the only person who regularly hears my missed notes and such like , is my dear wife, who is an angel as far as encouraging me to play on.

I started with a Yamaha acoustic, which I still have, and then obtained an Epiphone Les Paul. Next a Mexican strat, which again I still own.As I progressed I found myself taking a wider interest in other guitar manufacturers, and of course PRS came into view. I eventually took the plunge and bought a Custom SE 24-08. Wow, what a fantastic piece of kit. Everything about it struck a chord( pun intended).It was to my mind easier to play than my other guitars, beautifully built, in fact flawless.Its been love ever since.

Next I traded the LP in a deal for a Piezo11. Next another 24-08,then a Silver Sky, and just this week a Paul’s se.Think I’d better stop and pause there for a while.
Im sure it’s over kill, but each one is like the first one, the quality is so consistent.

I am totally inconsistent in my favourite amongst them, and by that I mean, it changes almost daily. It is a nice problem to have though.

I’ve followed this forum for quite a while, and thought it was about time I got involved, sobered I am. Nice to be aboard.
As another retiree, welcome brother.
If you would like to get some “play out” time in the future, you might consider a church band. They usually have enough guitar slingers, but like to have some substitutes available. They are usually very forgiving and as a sub, there won’t be a lot of schedule pressure. Just a thought.
Post some pics when you can. We love pics…

Hi everyone,

I did too. Trying to get unleashed to create my own topics haha.

Hi everyone,

Hey welcome. I just retired, like on 01/02. I’ve been hacking away for 2 years. Strictly for my own enjoyment. You’ve got some great axes!

Welcome! I also joined the ranks of the retired recently. I am 56, and have been playing on and off since I was 16. I started off learning classical guitar, then joined a high school band where we played Rush covers, Van Halen, and random other stuff. I took a LONG hiatus from the guitar when I got married and had kids- so we are talking I didn't play for 15-17 years. I sold all my gear (had a Kramer and a Fender Twin with a bunch of Boss pedals, and a Yamaha 12 string acoustic) and swore one day I would get back into it and buy a really nice guitar. In between then and now I had bought a cheap Washburn acoustic ands started dabbling again. Fast forward to about 5 years ago, I picked up a dirt cheap Ibanez Gio and a Spyder Line 6 and had a good time with that and a Boss ME70 pedalboard. Joined a novice band and we had a great time getting back into the groove. Now that I am retired, I play for about 1-2 hours every day, picked up a PRS SE 35th Anniversary in Blue Burst and a Marshall Code 50. Love the setup. It's so nice to be able to sit down and learn new things, and really enjoy the guitar I am playing. Learning about set up, action and intonation has been good for me too.

Welcome! I also joined the ranks of the retired recently. I am 56, and have been playing on and off since I was 16. I started off learning classical guitar, then joined a high school band where we played Rush covers, Van Halen, and random other stuff. I took a LONG hiatus from the guitar when I got married and had kids- so we are talking I didn't play for 15-17 years. I sold all my gear (had a Kramer and a Fender Twin with a bunch of Boss pedals, and a Yamaha 12 string acoustic) and swore one day I would get back into it and buy a really nice guitar. In between then and now I had bought a cheap Washburn acoustic ands started dabbling again. Fast forward to about 5 years ago, I picked up a dirt cheap Ibanez Gio and a Spyder Line 6 and had a good time with that and a Boss ME70 pedalboard. Joined a novice band and we had a great time getting back into the groove. Now that I am retired, I play for about 1-2 hours every day, picked up a PRS SE 35th Anniversary in Blue Burst and a Marshall Code 50. Love the setup. It's so nice to be able to sit down and learn new things, and really enjoy the guitar I am playing. Learning about set up, action and intonation has been good for me too.
Welcome! Congrats on the new PRS,

Back