Introduce yourself!

Hello. Terry from North Texas.

Lifelong and gracious enthusiast. My....these forums come and go over the years? Looking forward to learning from the community. Recently became interested in PRS again with the aquisition of a 2022 Paul's Guitar.

cCmuB8W.jpg

I'm really getting too old to buy much more stuff, but wanted something different. Hadn't got any guitars for awhile, so figured why not.

My go-to-guitar is usually a tele of some sort. This Paul's Guitar has a really nice and unusual set of sounds. Right away, I know it will work well in many places I use a strat or tele.

All my other guitars are fretted with stainless. I'm really much more pleased with the frets on this PRS than I imagined coming from stainless steel. I have no clue, but wish I knew what alloy these frets are. They don't feel like stainless, but they feel really nice. I have no desire to change them at the moment.

All in all, excited to be a PRS owner again after many, many years.

I miss the old Birds and Moon community. Hope this one stays up for a while.
Welcome to the forum. Spectacular looking guitar. Congrats

Hi Terry, I can relate to your comment about being too old to buy much stuff. I’ve been retired for 6 years now and have spent much of that time exploring all kinds of guitars, most of which I’ve traded for others. Seems I continue to focus on Fender, Gibson and now PRS. Love your new PRS!

Hey everyone - Thanks for having me here. I'm a new member to the forum. I'm a longtime bass player who dabbled with guitar (always bought Fender like my basses) in the past but never really jived with one until I got my PRS SE semi hollow. I finally found the guitar that I can't put down. I'll post pictures after I get my 3 posts in.

Hey everyone - Thanks for having me here. I'm a new member to the forum. I'm a longtime bass player who dabbled with guitar (always bought Fender like my basses) in the past but never really jived with one until I got my PRS SE semi hollow. I finally found the guitar that I can't put down. I'll post pictures after I get my 3 posts in.
Welcome KyleG!
Thanks for having an avatar right from the start.;):)

Great to have you on board KyleG! Enjoy the one PRS you have for now, it will populate!! Looking forward to the pix!!!

Juan Luis Vidal here, from the north of Spain.
I have been playing guitar since mid 90s, when I bought a second hand old Kramer Striker which is still laying around. In my early 20s I played in a cover band, travelling throughout the country doing town celebrations and equipped with my flashy Ibanez EX in yellow finish. Afer some years of living like a party night owl I switched gears, quit the band, finished my bachelor, ordered my dream Ibanez RG Prestige guitar and focus my guitar aims where they always should have been...playing some metal in my own band.
20 years later I still play a lot mainly at home, and from time to time with some pals. PRS has been on my radar for many years (Mikael Åkerfeldt, Mark Tremonti...I am looking at both of you) but only just recently I bought a PRS CE 24 and was blown away by the clarity of that beast and how "butterly" it plays...it seems to be constantly begging to be picked up again. Now I have set my eyes in a gorgeous PRS Tremonti core in emerald green finish that is a sight to behold: eventually it will be along with my other axes.

Here is my trio of daily drivers: RG3120 Prestige Twilight Blue, PRS CE 24 Faded Blue Smokeburst Custom Color and a EMG loaded LTD EC1000 Deluxe guitar

PXL-20230220-210338030.jpg

Juan Luis Vidal here, from the north of Spain.
I have been playing guitar since mid 90s, when I bought a second hand old Kramer Striker which is still laying around. In my early 20s I played in a cover band, travelling throughout the country doing town celebrations and equipped with my flashy Ibanez EX in yellow finish. Afer some years of living like a party night owl I switched gears, quit the band, finished my bachelor, ordered my dream Ibanez RG Prestige guitar and focus my guitar aims where they always should have been...playing some metal in my own band.
20 years later I still play a lot mainly at home, and from time to time with some pals. PRS has been on my radar for many years (Mikael Åkerfeldt, Mark Tremonti...I am looking at both of you) but only just recently I bought a PRS CE 24 and was blown away by the clarity of that beast and how "butterly" it plays...it seems to be constantly begging to be picked up again. Now I have set my eyes in a gorgeous PRS Tremonti core in emerald green finish that is a sight to behold: eventually it will be along with my other axes.

Here is my trio of daily drivers: RG3120 Prestige Twilight Blue, PRS CE 24 Faded Blue Smokeburst Custom Color and a EMG loaded LTD EC1000 Deluxe guitar

PXL-20230220-210338030.jpg
Welcome aboard Juan! Great story and great family of guitars!! Congrats on recognizing the PRS addiction!!!

Hello, found myself the owner of a MK1 Archon combo that needed some cosmetic TLC (was the proverbial too good to pass up price). Bit of time, effort and only minimal stapling of fingerends later.
New handle.
New grill-cloth.
New piping.
Welcome BigBaldIan! Glad to see you started out with an avatar.
We must use the same barber!:p:D
You gotta post some pics of your amp! There’s a lot of Archon fans here that would love to see a customized one.

Hello, found myself the owner of a MK1 Archon combo that needed some cosmetic TLC (was the proverbial too good to pass up price). Bit of time, effort and only minimal stapling of fingerends later.
New handle.
New grill-cloth.
New piping.
Welcome Ian! As mentioned, pix are treasured here!! Congrats on scoring your Archon at a great price, that is always a smile builder!!!

Nice. You did some clean work on it.
Thanking you kindly, hardest bit was the stapling and ensuring I didn't get any waves in the fabric oh and avoiding impaling myself to the plywood in the process. The board is held in place by six new stainless machine screws with knurled thumb nuts behind. One of the original serrated nuts had long since gone walkies so made sense to replace the lot.

Last edited:
Back