I'm No Luddite! But I Have...Artistic Concerns...

I am guessing that the conversation was getting him more worked up than his posts showed and he decided that he had enough. I usually just stop posting in a thread that gets me worked up. Thankfully I have only had a couple of those on here. Other forums, yea....

I'm guessing he decided to go. I don't see anything worthy of a ban in any of his posts. Unless something was deleted. Too bad.
Sometimes keeping your head down, out of the line of fire, is the smart choice.

But some must feel a need to keep the flag flying.

I had to learn how to keep my head down. I wasn't doing well with getting really worked up. I decided that someone on the internet that I don't even know was not going to have that much power over me. That decision was one of the best of my life.

I had to learn how to keep my head down. I wasn't doing well with getting really worked up. I decided that someone on the internet that I don't even know was not going to have that much power over me. That decision was one of the best of my life.
Yeah, sometimes a little perspective, and a deep breath are just the needed thing. Early on in my time on this forum I got into it a little bit with a moderator over the direction of a thread that he wanted us to "tone down". We bickered in the thread, and took it off line. Ended up having a great conversation, and got things straightened out. We had a good forum relationship from that point forward. Good enough that he honored me with a great opportunity to shock a well loved forum member (you'll have to find the White Westie thread for that whole story). Anyway, he was a good man, and is greatly missed.....R.I.P. Bill

Yeah, sometimes a little perspective, and a deep breath are just the needed thing. Early on in my time on this forum I got into it a little bit with a moderator over the direction of a thread that he wanted us to "tone down". We bickered in the thread, and took it off line. Ended up having a great conversation, and got things straightened out. We had a good forum relationship from that point forward. Good enough that he honored me with a great opportunity to shock a well loved forum member (you'll have to find the White Westie thread for that whole story). Anyway, he was a good man, and is greatly missed.....R.I.P. Bill

Funny, I was thinking of Bill before you revealed it was him. He had his...cantankerous moments once or twice, but as you said, very good man. Still miss him - and if we ever have Experience again, it won't be the same w/o him there.

Funny, I was thinking of Bill before you revealed it was him. He had his...cantankerous moments once or twice, but as you said, very good man. Still miss him - and if we ever have Experience again, it won't be the same w/o him there.
He, JustRob and I did the first signings of the forum guitar at his home.

I am guessing that the conversation was getting him more worked up than his posts showed and he decided that he had enough. I usually just stop posting in a thread that gets me worked up.
If someone's pissing me off, I usually click the 'ignore' button.

I probably should have done that with DTR instead of pissing him off that much, but didn't realize he was all that upset.

Just for grins, while reading this thread, I searched "AI Music" to see what would come up. I got a number of sites promising to be AI Music Generators on the first page of search results. It looks like the cat is out of the bag.

I know quite a few of my peers both musicians and non musicians think the Electronica I make is not "music" just because I use a computer to create and arrange the sounds. Though there are also a number who understand it completely and encourage what I do. At least the 20 or 30 people out there who actually listen to what I do.

On my DAW, Logic Pro, there is a drummer program built in called "Drummer" that is anthropomorphized in having names like they are actual people. Each named drummer is featured in sub sets according to genres and each drummer has a number of set drum patterns that they play. When you create a track using this function, you get a control panel in the Editor View that allows you to change all sorts of parameters in each drum track including the ability, with a knob, to "humanize" the track.

I use this function about half the time in the songs I make. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Drummer is AI. I consider it a very handy tool in music making.

I know quite a few of my peers both musicians and non musicians think the Electronica I make is not "music" just because I use a computer to create and arrange the sounds
You and I agree. I do electronica quite often.

My son, a Fender endorser, has a degree in music from University of Michigan. He's a fantastic songwriter and performer, has 3 gold records as a producer, engineer and musician, and loves to use Ableton Live to create and arrange certain styles of music. He's toured with famous bands. Blah blah blah dad brag, etc.

Some would insist he's not a musician? :rolleyes:

They'd be nuts.

Back