I can't enough of PRS guitars...Lol.

I found a nice 2010 SC245 with Indian Rosewood fretboard and white binding, but not the type of binding Gibson uses. This is just in appearance it seems.

I have some wrist issues so often the shorter scale of my Gibson helps a bit, unless it is in my mind. Then again 24.5 and 25 isn't that different. But I no longer have any Fenders.

I keep telling myself I don't use a trem much but it would be cool to have and it does change the tonal character of the guitar. We do play a few songs where a trem would be cool.

Is the trem flush on thr body of the SC trem? I believe so. I don't like a floating trem. I locked down the trem pretty hard on my CE22. I only need a little wiggle and maybe for a dive bomb here and there.

But the SC245 would also give me something different from what I currently have.

If you think you might like a 24.5" scale singlecut PRS with a trem, I strongly recommend you try out one of these:

It's "only" an SE, but if mine is anything to go by, it's a rather unique and terrific guitar. The pickups are, imo, fantastic! Big, comfortable neck. Smooth trem. Great instrument.

This is the way.
This is The Way ...

8WP6ZvI.jpeg

If you think you might like a 24.5" scale singlecut PRS with a trem, I strongly recommend you try out one of these:

It's "only" an SE, but if mine is anything to go by, it's a rather unique and terrific guitar. The pickups are, imo, fantastic! Big, comfortable neck. Smooth trem. Great instrument.
I actually played one of those and played a few, owned an SE.
I decided against a trem as they seem to take away some of the body and beef of the tone, so I'll stick to hardtail.
I also was not a fan of the SE or S2 models I've played. For me personally, they lacked something my US models had and have. For that reason I avoid the SE and S2. My personal preference.

IL probably get an SC245, 594, Stripped 58, another SC250, or another regular SC.

I have 4 different SC, and they are not the same. I have different feelings when I play them.
I currently have PRS SC250 Mccarty finish from 2007
PRS SC Jet white semihollow limited edition
PRS SC 2001 purple finish.
PRS SC250 Green Jade finish.

And as i said, they do not have the same tone or mojo.
Of course they don't. All guitars have their own vibe. Nice.

I only play shorter scale, meaning 25" or less...due to hand and wrist discomfort...I also went to 9s and 8.5s on one guitar...whatever it takes to keep playing!!
Yes, I have RSD which causes arm and wrist pain. Shorter scale lengths help. I also stick to 25" or less. That's also why I want to get an SC245.

What is the Stripped 58?
I prefer the one piece wrap around bridge but I haven't spent much time on the PRS stop tail, only Les Paul's which I own.
My PRS Singlecuts are all one piece wraparound bridge, either adjustable or not. Love the feel.

I did read that thr stripped has no binding but I never knew PRS guitars to have binding. I've never owned or played a PRS with binding.

What's the scale of the stripped 58?

I am so confused on what to look at next. I love my SC250 and 01 SC so I'm looking at the SC245, 594, McCarty SC, bound vs unbound, Stripped 58, etc.
One of the things I love about my PRS guitars is that they don't have a stop tail bridgesetup like my Gibsons. But, a lot of newer PRS models use a stop tail design like the Strippped 58.
I know of two that have binding, the 594 and the SC-58. The stripped 58 doesn't have binding but the SC-58 does. The SC-58 and the 594 that I have are very comparable. They have the same two piece bridge. The bridge came out on the SC-58 before the 594 was released. The scale length is just a slight bit different between the two. The SC-58 is 24.5" and the 594 is 24.594. I honestly can't hear or feel a difference in the two, I have both.

I know of two that have binding, the 594 and the SC-58. The stripped 58 doesn't have binding but the SC-58 does. The SC-58 and the 594 that I have are very comparable. They have the same two piece bridge. The bridge came out on the SC-58 before the 594 was released. The scale length is just a slight bit different between the two. The SC-58 is 24.5" and the 594 is 24.594. I honestly can't hear or feel a difference in the two, I have both.
Thanks, if I get a Stripped 58, it will be my first short scale length PRS and my first two piece bridge. Not sure how it will feel.
I read that the shorter scale will make the guitar sweeter, more elastic and not as right in the lows and the two piece bridge adds midrange

Thanks, if I get a Stripped 58, it will be my first short scale length PRS and my first two piece bridge. Not sure how it will feel.
I read that the shorter scale will make the guitar sweeter, more elastic and not as right in the lows and the two piece bridge adds midrange
All I can tell you is that for the last few months, my 594 and my CU22 are the two getting all of the attention. That is a two piece bridge and a one piece wrap around. Both have about the same neck feel. I really don't think about or notice an immediate difference switching between the two. I truly love both guitars.

True story. Bought a used 2006 singlecut 10 top several years ago and now have a Core 594 DC, Core Tremonti 10 top, S2 Studio and Grainger 5 bass.

Back