I can't enough of PRS guitars...Lol.

Hey, what about the SC245?

I have a CE22 with trem, SC hardtail and SC250.
I like short scales like an LP, so maybe the SC245 would be great, instead of a SC trem. I don't use a trem much but it's cool to have.
I wonder if the trem adds to the tone of subtracts or is just different.

Some of the 245 models look sweet. I like the older mid to late 2000s wrap around hardtail models.

Last edited:
I keep telling myself I have enough , but then I see another rare beauty that needs to be loved ..... DGT, The rare DGT neck quilted top triple Soapy,
SC-J, Custom 24 Semi....anything with a rosewood neck ....

I found a nice 2010 SC245 with Indian Rosewood fretboard and white binding, but not the type of binding Gibson uses. This is just in appearance it seems.

I have some wrist issues so often the shorter scale of my Gibson helps a bit, unless it is in my mind. Then again 24.5 and 25 isn't that different. But I no longer have any Fenders.

I keep telling myself I don't use a trem much but it would be cool to have and it does change the tonal character of the guitar. We do play a few songs where a trem would be cool.

Is the trem flush on thr body of the SC trem? I believe so. I don't like a floating trem. I locked down the trem pretty hard on my CE22. I only need a little wiggle and maybe for a dive bomb here and there.

But the SC245 would also give me something different from what I currently have.

I have 4 different SC, and they are not the same. I have different feelings when I play them.
I currently have PRS SC250 Mccarty finish from 2007
PRS SC Jet white semihollow limited edition
PRS SC 2001 purple finish.
PRS SC250 Green Jade finish.

And as i said, they do not have the same tone or mojo.

I know what you mean.
However, my 2001 SC and SC250 have some similarities.

I am more trying to think if I want another 25" scale, this time with trem or shorter scale SC245.

I found a nice 2010 SC245 with Indian Rosewood fretboard and white binding, but not the type of binding Gibson uses. This is just in appearance it seems.

I have some wrist issues so often the shorter scale of my Gibson helps a bit, unless it is in my mind. Then again 24.5 and 25 isn't that different. But I no longer have any Fenders.

I keep telling myself I don't use a trem much but it would be cool to have and it does change the tonal character of the guitar. We do play a few songs where a trem would be cool.

Is the trem flush on thr body of the SC trem? I believe so. I don't like a floating trem. I locked down the trem pretty hard on my CE22. I only need a little wiggle and maybe for a dive bomb here and there.

But the SC245 would also give me something different from what I currently have.
I only play shorter scale, meaning 25" or less...due to hand and wrist discomfort...I also went to 9s and 8.5s on one guitar...whatever it takes to keep playing!!

I only play shorter scale, meaning 25" or less...due to hand and wrist discomfort...I also went to 9s and 8.5s on one guitar...whatever it takes to keep playing!!
I hear you on that. Do you find it helps you playing 245 over 25?

So I was playing my LP and started to think I want another LP.
Then before you know it, I'm back playing my PRS Singlecuts.
I can't quite you baby. Lol.

However, I'm thinking of not going the SC trem route and instead getting an SC245.

Looks like I'm getting another PRS Singlecut.

I do like the doublecuts but I just prefer the feel and tone of the SC models. I fell in love with the feel of big, thick singlecut guitar body as it just fits my body dy perfectly. Now my CE22 and Custom 22 feel too small for me. I had two McCarties but ended up selling them.

Last edited:
I have thought that the PRS double cut design has been the best looking guitar on the market since I first saw it. I love the contours and figured maple tops. I own more than my fair share of PRS guitars. I have mostly double cut models but I also have a few single cut models and love them all. I have far more PRS guitars than any other brand of guitar.
I 100% agree. The carved top and the headstock shape is super sexy........

Do you guys know which singlecut models have abound fretboard? Sometimes I like the feel of a bound fretboard. I have only seen one PRS SC with a bound board and it was a McCarty SC 594.

Im also checking out the SC 245, some with an Indian rosewood fretboard.

I can think of another rare option….

yCTgF8E.jpg
Let The Night Terrors Begin...

Side note....

How is Indian Rosewood any different from any other rosewood?

So I was playing my LP and started to think I want another LP.
Then before you know it, I'm back playing my PRS Singlecuts.
I can't quite you baby. Lol.

However, I'm thinking of not going the SC trem route and instead getting an SC245.

Looks like I'm getting another PRS Singlecut.

I do like the doublecuts but I just prefer the feel and tone of the SC models. I fell in love with the feel of big, thick singlecut guitar body as it just fits my body dy perfectly. Now my CE22 and Custom 22 feel too small for me. I had two McCarties but ended up selling them.
I love my DGT for its crossover of being to really get into Fender and Gibson tones.. more Gibson… I think a lot of it is the design and trem.. but nothing beats my Stripped ‘58 SC or DC594 for big fat tones. Sold my Custom 22. What’s the point? I did like the 25” scale though. I suppose I should look for a SC250… someday

Side note....

How is Indian Rosewood any different from any other rosewood?
This is just my opinion.. in my years of playing I’ve owned mostly Indian Rosewood and currently own 2 Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard guitars. A DGT and a hand made Corsa Manaleshi LP……
Indian, to my ears is very warm and smooth. Brazilian is harder, between Indian and Ebony and has a more articulate tone. Not better, just different . I have no experience with other rosewoods.. Fender uses almost exclusively Indian Rosewood. Play a Strat, or Silver Sky with a Rosewood board then play a maple board version. Youl can hear and feel the difference between those 2 woods. Maple= bright and snappy, Rosewood= warmer and smoother. Harder wood vs softer wood

I found a happy place with the S2 line...3 standard 22s a Vela and a Mira....all bought new or used for under a grand...I think they're the best value and I'm not sure why they're not more popular??
I know for the money i could have bought a few used Cores but my journey started in 14' and I've amassed 6 at one time but sold the 594 thinline that I wasn't bonding with...I hate all the negative threads on other forums I think they're perfectly designed guitars and they sound incredible !!

This is just my opinion.. in my years of playing I’ve owned mostly Indian Rosewood and currently own 2 Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard guitars. A DGT and a hand made Corsa Manaleshi LP……
Indian, to my ears is very warm and smooth. Brazilian is harder, between Indian and Ebony and has a more articulate tone. Not better, just different . I have no experience with other rosewoods.. Fender uses almost exclusively Indian Rosewood. Play a Strat, or Silver Sky with a Rosewood board then play a maple board version. Youl can hear and feel the difference between those 2 woods. Maple= bright and snappy, Rosewood= warmer and smoother. Harder wood vs softer wood
Thanks!
I definitely notice rosewood being warmer but I have no idea the type of rosewood my PRS guitars and Gibsons have. I am looking at a PRS SC245 with Indian rosewood, hence my interest. :)

I love my DGT for its crossover of being to really get into Fender and Gibson tones.. more Gibson… I think a lot of it is the design and trem.. but nothing beats my Stripped ‘58 SC or DC594 for big fat tones. Sold my Custom 22. What’s the point? I did like the 25” scale though. I suppose I should look for a SC250… someday
Love my SC250 and my 2001 SC, both 25".

What is the Stripped 58?
I prefer the one piece wrap around bridge but I haven't spent much time on the PRS stop tail, only Les Paul's which I own.
My PRS Singlecuts are all one piece wraparound bridge, either adjustable or not. Love the feel.

I did read that thr stripped has no binding but I never knew PRS guitars to have binding. I've never owned or played a PRS with binding.

What's the scale of the stripped 58?

I am so confused on what to look at next. I love my SC250 and 01 SC so I'm looking at the SC245, 594, McCarty SC, bound vs unbound, Stripped 58, etc.
One of the things I love about my PRS guitars is that they don't have a stop tail bridgesetup like my Gibsons. But, a lot of newer PRS models use a stop tail design like the Strippped 58.

Last edited:
Back