NGD...Another 10 Top OG Singlecut.

Stupid question to ask. Does anyone know off hand what the thickest gauge is that will fit thru the stock kluson tuner holes on singlecut's? Just curious b/c I would like to try a set of 11-60 gauge strings on one of my singlecut's, but I don't want to buy a pack if that 60 gauge E string will not fit thru the slot.

Stupid question to ask. Does anyone know off hand what the thickest gauge is that will fit thru the stock kluson tuner holes on singlecut's? Just curious b/c I would like to try a set of 11-60 gauge strings on one of my singlecut's, but I don't want to buy a pack if that 60 gauge E string will not fit thru the slot.
I can confirm that a 56 from a D’Addario EJ22 set will fit.
Never tried anything heavier with Klusons

Here she is guy's. She showed up this past Monday afternoon...in typical UPS fashion, meaning right as the other half is pulling in the driveway at the end of the workday So now I will not be able to take her for a test drive until this coming Friday due to work. The guitar looks great and acoustically sounds great as well! One thing I didn't realize, was how rough the nickel covers on the pickups were, but oh well, the bridge cover is coming off anyways. I guess while I'm at it, I'll just replace the neck cover, and re-wax pot it, and throw the original covers in the case.

P.S. 12-62 gauge strings fit thru the original tuner holes

I thought the pick up cover patina was a feature. It looks like the only sign of use from the picks. That’s a beautiful guitar.

Back