I can't enough of PRS guitars...Lol.

PRS fixation is definitely a ’thang’. One by one I’ve let other guitars go. Ibanez, Fender, Les Paul, etc. I’m down to 5 electrics and all are PRS. I haven‘t let one go yet..
I hear ya but I struggle with some LP love as well.

I want to get another guitar possibly by next year and as much as I look at Gibson's, fenders and other brands, I always come back to Paul Reed Smith. I have two single cut models with hardtails and now I feel like I want a singlecut wirh trem.

Rich
I’m the other way ‘round. Two with trems and I want a hard tail. It might end up a McCarty, as I like the shorter scale better. I’m also thinking of a tele shaped parts caster , but I’m not a fan of the 25.5” scale.

PRS fixation is definitely a ’thang’. One by one I’ve let other guitars go. Ibanez, Fender, Les Paul, etc. I’m down to 5 electrics and all are PRS. I haven‘t let one go yet..
I'm down to 6 electrics. 5 of them PRS...the other guitar I can't sell because the neck twisted otherwise it would have been gone years ago lol

In 43 years of playing guitar it feels like I’ve had at least one of everything, to include an R9 and multiple Fender custom shop guitars. In my opinion none of them come close to my 3 PRS guitars. Not the only guitars I play but definitely my favorites.
I feel that! They just feel right.

There is a 2007 triburst trem on Reverb.
8.5lbs seems substantial for a thinner trem body SC. I like that. I like a nice hunk of wood. :) It's as heavy as my favorite Gibson LP Standard.
I just can't do it just yet. Maybe in 2-3 months. Plus, I want a diagonal 212 cab.
The buying just continues.

Are the Singlecut Trems thinner than the hardtail models?
Thinner neck?
I have a 2001 SC and 2008 SC250.
I have an 06 SC Trem. It is a thinner body than the stop tail SC. Mine has a wide fat neck on it. I believe that is the standard neck for the SC Trem.

I feel this pain. In the last couple of years I've sold my only Les Paul, my ESP 8-string, a resonator electric, a Duesenberg, another ESP, and a Telecaster. I'm down to a Strat, Tele, ESP 7 string, and seven PRSes. While 7 might sound excessive, I was up to 10 not long ago. I traded two for a Wood Library ME V and a 24-08 for a 594 HB II.

I feel this pain. In the last couple of years I've sold my only Les Paul, my ESP 8-string, a resonator electric, a Duesenberg, another ESP, and a Telecaster. I'm down to a Strat, Tele, ESP 7 string, and seven PRSes. While 7 might sound excessive, I was up to 10 not long ago. I traded two for a Wood Library ME V and a 24-08 for a 594 HB II.
I'm struggling with whether or not I want another LP, like the Adam Jones Standard, a Tele, or another PRS. I play my PRS guitars the most which is why I always come back to them and the idea of buying another.

I think my thinnest neck is my 1994 CE-22.
I'm. Ok with an SC with a thinner neck.
Tremonti uses the pattern thin too, but used to be the fatter I believe. I think the early Tremonti models had a wide fat.
The mid-00s SC Trems had Wide-Fat necks. I had one. It wasn't Wide Thin.

It was only the body that was a bit thinner than the standard SC.

The mid-00s SC Trems had Wide-Fat necks. I had one. It wasn't Wide Thin.

It was only the body that was a bit thinner than the standard SC.
I'm just curious what to expect from the neck if I buy a mid 2000s SC trem.

Last edited:
I was actually on the hunt for a USA Gib LP recently and I randomly grabbed an SE SC and go figure I liked it more and it stayed in tune to boot...well see what 24 brings as far as a new to me PRS...id love to see more S2s as I love that line!

The one I have my eye on is a 2007 DC Trem. I wanted an Adam Jones LP but I always get pulled back to PRS.

Are any of you real technical players? I often n hear guys like that prefer the flat fretboards but then again you have players like Tremonti and lots more who can shred on PRS.

The one I have my eye on is a 2007 DC Trem. I wanted an Adam Jones LP but I always get pulled back to PRS.

Are any of you real technical players? I often n hear guys like that prefer the flat fretboards but then again you have players like Tremonti and lots more who can shred on PRS.
I can shred on my PRSi...I feel like any well setup guitar can be a shredder...I also like slightly bigger necks and 22 frets for faster runs...

It's a hard love....lol.
I started with a SE Tremonti and before I knew it there were 10 PRS hanging up including a 10 Top and a PS model.
Still have one LP and one Strat though.
The thoughts of an LP went South when I got a rosewood neck 245 with 59/09's in it. And that's after 22 years with an LP.

The thoughts of an LP went South when I got a rosewood neck 245 with 59/09's in it. And that's after 22 years with an LP.
I have yet to try a 245 or 259 but I'd like to! I've only played the SC models that are 25" scale.

Back