I can't enough of PRS guitars...Lol.

Yup I'm still buying PRS guitars, my favorite brand by far. I have Gibbys and Warmoth Fender guitars along with a few others...but my PRS guitars are my bread and butter. I mean I've brought in 3 more PRS guitars this past two months and 3 non-PRS guitars moved on.

I keep thinking I miss the Gibson feel, but I always come back to my PRS guitars. The Singlecut is hands down my favorite PRS design and design in general.
My head gets caught up thinking I need a flat fretboard guitar for fast playing and I don't know why. I think it's because I grew up on Ibanez and similar guitars but to be honest over the years I love the natural fits like a glove feel of the PRS necks and 10" radius board. I can get the action low and fast and string bends do not fret out.
Feels perfect for me. Yet, most manufacturers except Fender and PRS go with the flatter radius the better approach. So I keep thinking I am missing out or that I a wrong some how. Lol.
Tremonti is a favorite player of mine and the guy rips on my favorite guitar design, the PRS Singlecut with 10" radius board.
I have to get that out of my head and stick with what feels right to me. When I go back to my Gibsons, things feel more clunky and rigid.

Does anyone have comments or experience about the 2009s erra Singlecut Trem pickups?

Most of my pickuos are hot like the PRS Tremonti and Suhr Aldrich.
It would be nice to have a lower output PRS pickups in one guitar.

Also, I don't have any singlecut or split coil guitars. I never liked how at gigs when I would swot hto my strat or switch to split tones on a PRS, my volume would drop so much. Now I just use my humbucker, vary pickup position and volume knobs to get the flavor or tone I desire. Fortunately the middle position with the Tremonti and Tremonti neck and the SC250 and SC250 neck sound really good and clear in the middle position.

It would be cool to have some lower or medium output pickups or at least a different flavor with some splitting, assuming I don't get volume drops. I know that the newer PRS models like the Custom 24 have cool splitting without volume drops.

I have a set of #7’s in an SE Singlecut Trem. You need to back off the volume about 3 numbers to clean them up. With gain, I’ve seen another guitar players eyes widen. It’s one of 2 guitars I have without coil splitting. The other is a 245 with 59/09’s. Sometimes, you just have to go hard and heavy.

My 2001 SC has a #7 neck but I replaced the bridge pickup with a Suhr Aldrich.
I've heard good things about the #7s and #10s, but I only had a brief time with the #7 bridge pickup before switching it to thr Suhr. I know lots of players like the newer PRS pickups.

I have a set of #7’s in an SE Singlecut Trem. You need to back off the volume about 3 numbers to clean them up. With gain, I’ve seen another guitar players eyes widen. It’s one of 2 guitars I have without coil splitting. The other is a 245 with 59/09’s. Sometimes, you just have to go hard and heavy.
You mean that the 59/09 set likes to be played heavy?

I can think of another rare option….

yCTgF8E.jpg

Good luck finding one of those!

I don’t know. I always say play a guitar for a month before you start changing it. The 59/09’s were stock on the wood library run guitar I bought third hand. Each guitar has its own mojo, and I have an SE Singlecut with USA #7’s that likes to scream as well. I just don’t have the chance to rip and roar that much.

PRS fixation is definitely a ’thang’. One by one I’ve let other guitars go. Ibanez, Fender, Les Paul, etc. I’m down to 5 electrics and all are PRS. I haven‘t let one go yet..
Hi Fats….hope you are good.. I just traded an LP to a friend that had a Custom 24 with a pattern regular neck.
It was a win win for us both. 1 last LP to go. A Corsa Manaleshi

Agree, I like the original black tremonti.
They mostly have the thinner neck. I'd have to see if it worked for me.
Understood. I got a killer deal on one when Guitar Center went into bankruptcy and rolled the dice. It's one of the most comfortable necks I own.

Understood. I got a killer deal on one when Guitar Center went into bankruptcy and rolled the dice. It's one of the most comfortable necks I own.
Is that the wide/thin or pattern thin? I think the early Tremonti was wide/fat.
I love PRS necks I general. My SC250 is incredible.
If be fine with either thr fatter or thinner neck, I sure.

Is that the wide/thin or pattern thin? I think the early Tremonti was wide/fat.
I love PRS necks I general. My SC250 is incredible.
If be fine with either thr fatter or thinner neck, I sure.
Website says it's Pattern Thin, but I'm not sure it's always been that way. It's very comfortable.

Any thoughts on the average price to pay for a 2000's era SC Trem?

Any thoughts on the PRS #6 pickups?

My one SC is an SC250 and the other is a 2001 SC with Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup and PRS #7 neck pickup.

Back