Delphi, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Again, Why Do So Many "World Organizations" Use Flat Earth As Their Logo? There Are Many Other "3 D" Logos By Other Companies So It Is Clearly A Choice That These Organizations Use The Flat Earth Map As Their Logo.

You Dismiss The Bible And Label It As Being Insignificant Due To It's Writings Being From People And Tribes Who Participated In Its Writings Yet You Claim The Things You Believe, That Are Written By People Participating In The Writings You Chose To Believe, To Be Accurate? That Sounds Like A Belief System Difference (Which Is Fine) But The Measuring Stick Appears The Same, Just A Different Source (In Essence).

You Make The Comment If It Was There We Would Know About It. Are You Sure About That? We Know What The Real Powers That Be Want Us To Know Or Feed Us To Know To Support Their Narrative (No Matter What It May Be) And If A Person Has A Differing Thought Then They Are Attacked And Labeled As Wrong Or A CS Or Whatever Other Label Is Trending At The Time. Real True "Science" Should Always Be Questioned And Put To The Test. Political Science Is Another Thing Entirely And The The Problem Is That Political Science Is Being Called "Science" And They Are Not The Same.

If A Person Is Unwilling To Open Themselves Up To Explore Possibility And Are Quick To Dismiss A New Thought Or Idea Then They Radically Reduce Their Potential For Growth And Advancement. People Should Be Able To Talk About Anything And Be Heard As There Is Much To Learn In Doing So. It Isn't Always About Changing Your Pint Of View But Rather You Viewing Point. :)
I'll just say this, and please don't take offense, I mean absolutely no harm to your religious beliefs. Scientific concepts can be tested and theories falsified. You can't test a vaguely described firmament made by an invisible diety. It's your right to believe in those things, but you also have to understand that science thus far has been the best explanation of our world and the cosmos. The theories that have come out of its advancement have allowed us to become a modern society, whereas if we advanced based on adherence to a religious dogma, it would have us in a perpetual dark age. Tell me where in scripture they explain germs? How about electrons? How about the molecular structure of water?

Also, you are aware that there's other creation stories similar to Genesis? What about the Apocryphal books of Enoch? They describe in even better detail the creation of the world, including the concept of a 364 day year. These books were considered as valid as the Mosaic books we are familiar with. Why isn't that account as valid? Just sayin.

I'm fully open to any concept, no matter how absurd, but if the evidence and data cannot support it's validity, then it's wrong and I'm forced to move on. I'll say it again, there is ZERO evidence of a dome-like structure encompassing the Earth, and I can say that with confidence. Think of it like this...we have millions of pictures of the globe Earth from space. You can say Earth photos are fake, but all we need is ONE to be real and flat earth and firmament theories are done. Flat Earth researchers have, in all this time, amassed ZERO pictures or videos of the firmament. Even if it's just a score of 1-0, you're still losing.

Last edited:
So Again, Why Do So Many "World Organizations" Use Flat Earth As Their Logo? There Are Many Other "3 D" Logos By Other Companies So It Is Clearly A Choice That These Organizations Use The Flat Earth Map As Their Logo.
Ah, I do believe I failed to answer the question fully. So why do "world organizations", or specifically the United Nations use the Gleason Projection ( it's not a flat earth map, it doesn't comport with real distances)? My answer is this: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who cares?

They can use whatever they want, who cares? The flat earth map you cite is a projection of a globe Earth. That is to say it's not a flat earth map, it is a PROJECTION OF A GLOBE. I will keep saying this till I have a spasm or a hemorrhoid, whichever comes first.

All I can say is WTF??
I had to read some of the inane (insane?) posts twice or more to see if there was a hint of sarcasm or joviallity that I was missing somehow.
But no, it appears the "flat earthers" are deadly serious in there beliefs.
Did we get transported back to the dark ages somehow?
How in the world can we be in this situation?
It's no wonder the world is in such a mess with crock's of sh!t like this for views and beliefs in existence.

I'm waiting for them to state next that the pyramids were built by aliens and all our advancements on tech are from the same source with it being a huge worldwide cover up and conspiracy.

Just...well..I'm almost at a loss for words here.
Yes Virginia, this is real. These people even have conventions. Once you go down the rabbit hole of flat earth, whether you buy into it or are having a laugh at it, it's hard to emerge. I've been debating and researching flatties and space deniers since 2017. Less so in recent years, for it seems only the chaff is left on youtube, but there was a time when flat earth bull$#it was growing like a tumor on YouTube and social media, leaving a stench like day old Taco Bell diarrhea. I blame it on the thing I mentioned, people generally do not have a good enough grasp of basic cosmology and physics. They know the Earth isn't flat, but can't explain why. They know the moon landing was real, but can't explain every aspect about it. We shouldn't have to either, but here we are I guess.

I'll just say this, and please don't take offense, I mean absolutely no harm to your religious beliefs. Scientific concepts can be tested and theories falsified. You can't test a vaguely described firmament made by an invisible diety. It's your right to believe in those things, but you also have to understand that science thus far has been the best explanation of our world and the cosmos. The theories that have come out of its advancement have allowed us to become a modern society, whereas if we advanced based on adherence to a religious dogma, it would have us in a perpetual dark age. Tell me where in scripture they explain germs? How about electrons? How about the molecular structure of water?

Also, you are aware that there's other creation stories similar to Genesis? What about the Apocryphal books of Enoch? They describe in even better detail the creation of the world, including the concept of a 364 day year. These books were considered as valid as the Mosaic books we are familiar with. Why isn't that account as valid? Just sayin.

I'm fully open to any concept, no matter how absurd, but if the evidence and data cannot support it's validity, then it's wrong and I'm forced to move on. I'll say it again, there is ZERO evidence of a dome-like structure encompassing the Earth, and I can say that with confidence. Think of it like this...we have millions of pictures of the globe Earth from space. You can say Earth photos are fake, but all we need is ONE to be real and flat earth and firmament theories are done. Flat Earth researchers have, in all this time, amassed ZERO pictures or videos of the firmament. Even if it's just a score of 1-0, you're still losing.
;):)

No Need To Run Off, Enjoy The Discussion. That Is What Threads Are For Right?

Are You Calling Me Stupid? :(
Ok, just one last post here to make sure nobody gets butt hurt.

No I am not calling YOU stupid.
It's a euphemism, a generalism. It's a common saying as I know you are fully aware, not aimed at anyone here.

Next.
No I was NOT inferring that YOU in particular was sitting stuffing your face with two day old pizza.
Again it was meant to conjure or evoke images of people absorbed by the tube staring at varying degrees of myths found online all day long.

Now if we want to get into deep state conspiracy theory....
Who is to say whether there is subliminal messages going on here?
I mean imho what else could explain how people are swallowing some of this garbage hook line and sinker?

Rational human beings should not just be rolled over by everything they see on the Internet.

And for the record.

I am surprised to even see this thread here on the PRS forum.
I'm now going to go and do PRS type things instead.
Maybe play the Bernie, then the PS, then the WL.
Sounds like a much better utilization of my time than this.

Take care!

I am surprised to even see this thread here on the PRS forum.
I'm now going to go and do PRS type things instead.
Maybe play the Bernie, then the PS, then the WL.
Sounds like a much better utilization of my time than this.

Take care!
This isnt the first time this has popped up here. Last time is was covid conspiracies.

Anyway, playing the Bernie...that sounds like a great idea. I actually have a 7000 series Ryzen build I need to work on (in case the motheroard is a dud, gotta do it asap to get in the return window). Like I said, I'm just here for @bodia 's amusement and to chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum.

This isnt the first time this has popped up here. Last time is was covid conspiracies.

Anyway, playing the Bernie...that sounds like a great idea. I actually have a 7000 series Ryzen build I need to work on (in case the motheroard is a dud, gotta do it asap to get in the return window). Like I said, I'm just here for @bodia 's amusement and to chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum.
It was fun while it lasted!

A NEW IMAGINE

IMAGINE THERE WAS NO SPACE
IT'S EASY IF YOU RESEARCH

NO SPACE BELOW US
ABOVE US ONLY GOD

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE
NOT BEING FOOLED BY SCIENCE
AH HA AH-HAH

IMAGINE THERE'S NO CLIMATE CRISIS
IT ISN'T HARD TO DO

IT'S BEING FAKED FOR AN AGENDA
TO PUT YOU ALL IN A ZOO

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE
LIVING THEIR LIVES IN PEACE

IT'S ONLY GONNA HAPPEN IN HEAVEN
BECAUSE THERE'S EVIL IN THIS PLACE

IMAGINE THERE WAS NO COVID PLANDEMIC
IT'S REALLY JUST A BAD FLU
NO TESTING FOR CORONA
WHICH IS ALREADY INSIDE OF YOU

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE
TAKING OFF THEIR MASKS TO BREATH
AH HA AH-HAH

YOU MAY SAY I'M A DREAMER
BUT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE
ONE DAY YOU WILL JOIN US (IN HEAVEN)
AND WE WILL LIVE AS ONE

Last edited:
A NEW IMAGINE

IMAGINE THERE WAS NO SPACE
IT'S EASY IF YOU RESEARCH

NO SPACE BELOW US
ABOVE US ONLY GOD

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE
NOT BEING FOOLED BY SCIENCE
AH HA AH-HAH

IMAGINE THERE'S NO CLIMATE CRISIS
IT ISN'T HARD TO DO

IT'S BEING FAKED FOR AN AGENDA
TO PUT YOU ALL IN A ZOO

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE
LIVING THEIR LIVES IN PEACE

IT'S ONLY GONNA HAPPEN IN HEAVEN
BECAUSE THERE'S EVIL IN THIS PLACE

IMAGINE THERE WAS NO COVID PLANDEMING
IT'S REALLY JUST A BAD FLU
NO TESTING FOR CORONA
WHICH IS ALREADY INSIDE OF YOU

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE
TAKING OFF THEIR MASKS TO BREATH
AH HA AH-HAH

YOU MAY SAY I'M A DREAMER
BUT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE
ONE DAY YOU WILL JOIN US (IN HEAVEN)
AND WE WILL LIVE AS ONE
I think you should title this song "Possible Copyright Infringement".

OK, friday night, and nowhere to go. Let's talk science.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Third law of motion. If you have ever used a pressure washer wand, you'll notice the moment you squeeze the trigger and release water, the wand moves backwards into your hand. The water doesn't need to push off a surface. Rockets in a vacuum work on the same principle. If you want to debunk this, you will literally need to debunk Issac Newton and a principle that has stood for over three hundred years with countless testing, data, and demonstrations to prove its validity. Next.

Why? You realize we can empty a thin walled container of air, and it doesn't explode? We can do the reverse as well, and its fine. I think you are under the impression that vacuums suck things into them. This is an illusion, a vacuum is the displacement of an area of high pressure into an area of low pressure, such that they equalize. The action of this is a vacuum. These spacecraft are tested inside vacuum chambers before we put people into them. The pressure differential isnt much either. Air pressure at sea level on Earth is 14 PSI. There is more pressure in a car tire. Next.

So...Space is interesting. Its cold but it can also be quite hot from radiation. The thing is...heat needs a way to be transferred, and a vacuum cant do this. Ever drank from one of those Yeti cups? They operate using the same premise, two walls separated inside by a vacuum sealed chamber. Guess what? Cold things stay cold and hot things stay hot in the cup while the outer wall remains the same temperature as the room its in. When you have an area without air, heat cannot transfer through. There is virtually no air in space, nothing to transfer heat, so there is no issue. Also, the thing I think you are actually referencing, the Van Allen Belts, which though having dangerous levels of radiation...well, radiation becomes a problem if you stick around too long. The spacecraft is traveling at 24,000 mph. They arent making camp there. There was also plenty of air for the crew. The carbon dioxide they exhaled was removed by canisters of lithium hydroxide. The amount of oxygen required for three people for thirty days rounds out to 180 kg, give or take. Its a quantifiable amount that can be calculated and planned for. The power was not supplied by solar panels on the Apollo missions, instead they used hydrogen/oxygen fuel cells. They had two functions: providing power to the command module and the byproduct of this cell is water. We have made car batteries using a similar tech. Next.

And some random person you found on youtube who feeds you this disinformation is also not proof. I find it fascinating you wont list your sources, but I know who they are. All of your points are things I've heard before, nothing new under the sun. Watch this: You can say whatever you want about the moon missions, but all we need is one photo, one video to be authentic. You need ALL of them to be fake for your claim to hold up, along with every single scientist who has been involved with moon missions and external third party testing to be in on the con as well, AND indiependent researchers who have no relationship with a space agency but have tested scientific principles related to the moon missions. People like me. Good luck with proving that. Next.

The dust on the moon has a very "static-esque" characteristic. It adheres to the surface quite well, and remember the moon is basically a lightly coated rock. The layer of dust is not as thick as you think. Theres also no air, so how would the dust blow away anyhow? Here's my thing though: You imply that Nasa is so bad at faking photographs and video that you, a person who thought the dark side of the moon was literally dark, can see through the lies yet they have fooled everyone with expertly crafted cgi, soundstages, and science jargon. You can't have it both ways. Next.

Didn't I go over this already with the stars thing? Also, the Earth is 250,000 miles away. Why do think it should be bigger? Looks just fine to me. I mean, if the moon is the size of a postage stamp held at arms length here on Earth, then the Earth should be like ...four postage stamps? Why is there an issue concerning the horizon? The moon is a 2000 mile ball, of course when you get high enough the horizon will be curved. Also, I'm not a dragon slayer, I'm the dragon. Get that right at least. Try again.

Ding-ding, round four. Can I have the TKO so we can all go home already?
Really none of your points were convincing to somebody has looked at the evidence. "What evidence" you say. See you are looking at evidence that supports your view we look at both sides objectively.

I Wouldn't Say Anybody Is Trolling In This Thread At All. There Is Far More Information Available Now A Days Then There Used To Be On A Plethora Of Subjects And Once That Information Is Dug Into It Is Very Possible It Can Change Peoples Minds. I Have Changed My Mind On A Handful Of Various Subjects After Really Looking At Everything I Could Find In All Directions On Said Subject. In Some Other Instances I Am Still Not Certain But Open To Where The Truth Takes Me. It Is Easy To Dismiss A New Thought / Idea / Perspective On A Subject As A "Conspiracy Theory" Or Trolling, (Insert Catch Phrase Of Your Choice Here) When A Thought Or Opinion May Differ From Our Own. I Try My Best To Always See All Sides And Search For Truth Because Facts And Opinions Can Change But Truth Is Truth And The Truth Always Remains. It May Take Some Time For The Truth To Come Out But It Always Does. This "Era" That We Just Lived Through And Are Coming Out Of Is Proof Of That And If A Person Is Being Honest With Themselves It Is Undeniable. It Is Sad To Me That People No Longer Can Talk Openly Without Getting Hammered On Any Direction Because Of A "Differing Opinion" On A Topic.

Anyway...I Think The PRS McCarty Is One Of The Overall Greatest Workhorse Guitars Ever Invented. Prove Me Wrong. ;)

Edit: I Love All You Knuckleheads Even If You Don't Like Me. ;)

CCR is just trolling. Sad though that the need for attention gums up an otherwise functioning guitar conversation forum.
You couldn't be further from the truth. Basically I was asking do you think the India space program was real or not. This thread got hijacked by a person identifying as a dragon. I hope no PRS comes out with inlay of him on it, because it won't be a pretty sight. From now on I just want to hear from people who claim they went into space or went to the moon. Otherwise their opinions are just coming from TV or corrupted science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back