CU24 has tight fret spacing. Would CU22 solve the my problem?

Anytime I Hear Of A Difference When Sitting And Standing I Always Believe It Comes Down To Technique/Position. The Ideal Thing Is To Have The Same Feel And Position Standing As Sitting. When This Doesn't Happen There Is Usually Some Sort Of Problem That Rears Its Head.

I’m sure you know this but some here don’t know it.

Fret spacing is identical on borh since both use a 25” scale.

The 23 and 24 fret are close together on a 24 fret guitar but spacing of the 21st fret and 22nd are identical on both
I do ;-). like I said: cannot be helped.

I might be the odd one out, but ergonomically there is a huge diference between the 24 and the 22. Fret spacing cannot be helped, as pointed out, but the position of the neck on the 22 differs from the 24 by about 3-4 cm. This gives a different playing position on higher frets. Besides that: a fixed bridge (like my cu22) helps as well due to the neck angle
I just got my first Custom 22 (trem) and I noticed the same thing. I used to have a CE24 with satin finish and the position feels totally different in my lap. I wasn’t sure if it was because the body was sliding over more from the difference of gloss vs satin. But I think you’re right about the 22 vs 24 fret neck position.

Back