'COVID-19' Projects

My Jake E Lee project that I finished 2 weeks ago. There's a MUCH longer story to this that I'll share in its own post if anyone is interested. I just need the Charvel decal on the headstock, then it'll be completely finished.

cxOfexb.jpg

oEgpaUL.jpg

Did a little housecleaning the past week...sold my old audio interface and some Apple Firewire/Thunderbolt adapters/cable. Towards the end of the month, some are usually looking for deals because their paychecks aren't but twice a month, and many of us who live month to month often sell or return items that they aren't happy with, or just to add to the piggy bank so they can save it for emergencies or necessities later.

One of my thoughts was freeing up space in my sleeping quarters where a family heirloom rocking chair resided. The chair belonged to my Dad's Mom, my Gramma, where she would sit and sew, watch TV, or sit with guests. The chair was also a tripping hazard in my room, because invariably I'd ding my ankle or foot trying to make my way walking past it. So, after a convo with my nephew who lives a couple towns away, the nephew visited and carted the chair from the bedroom into his car. What replaces the rocking chair is a footlocker at the foot of the bed, with which one can put feet up to put on socks or shoes, as well as providing storage space for the room.

Also spent some time cleaning in around the storage space where the water heater would usually be. The well point that feeds the water heater is located in the adjoining apartment, as is the water heater, which is enough for 1 tenant in each adjacent apartment.

Anyway, my next door neighbor (whose apartment houses the water heater) is laid up with a couple of bandaged bum feet and can't easily move around in his apartment. I can hear him struggle as he tries to reach up into his kitchen cabinets putting stuff away. I usually check in on him each day to be sure he's doing OK and if he needs anything in particular. The guy has home care nurses visit him each day to check on the bandages and care for his basic needs. This evening, I've got my Music playlist doing the Classic Rock thing, which I think helps pass the time and make life more enjoyable. The neighbor is exceptionally reserved and minds his own business. We've never had words with one another save for the time I was putting up a framed picture at 10PM and the neighbor thought it was someone banging on his front door and running away. The cops the neighbor called sorted out the incident and we've been mindful of each other since then.

Although Sunday is supposed to be pouring rain all day, that won't stop me from checking in on my neighbor to be sure his bum feet are recovering. Perhaps bringing him some lunch or a re-heatable meal will lift his spirits. When I hear him struggle, I feel badly because there've been times when I was laid up with injuries in past years and felt the same way. So in a sense, when he hurts, so do I. Remind me that it only takes a few kind words to make someone's day, either accompanied with a plate of food, or perhaps some unexpected things from the store that people might enjoy. I'm not sure what would happen if my neighbor wasn't there anymore, but I can guarantee the friendship wouldn't be the same.

In conclusion, in these troubled times we live in, we can each grasp a piece of what's important to us and make life worthwhile if we so choose. And because social distancing is a cause of isolation, it takes initiative to reach out to others who may be in need themselves. It matters not if the person is ill or infirm, the person may themselves be isolated without family or friends who can help them live enjoyable lives. It takes a friend to be one, but at the same time, no one can be a friend unless you reach out to others.

Thank you for reading.

By the way, beautiful phrasing and such a natural feeling of timing. Really enjoyed it.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

My "Covid-19" project: I've always wondered how people managed to get their audio into a guitar video (without just propping their phone up infront of their guitar). The audio input on the OBS video software I'm using only sees the first two inputs on my Tascam-1800 interface, and the Tascam interface wants guitar input on channels 9 and 10. I used the DI line out of the back of the Mesa Boogie into input 1 on the Tascam, and told OBS that it was mono (thus two channels). Then I tried to tune the audio to sync with the video. It's closer than it was. Turns out the whole thing is trickier than I thought, but it's a start.

Next up: Deacon Blues.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

My "Covid-19" project: I've always wondered how people managed to get their audio into a guitar video (without just propping their phone up infront of their guitar). The audio input on the OBS video software I'm using only sees the first two inputs on my Tascam-1800 interface, and the Tascam interface wants guitar input on channels 9 and 10. I used the DI line out of the back of the Mesa Boogie into input 1 on the Tascam, and told OBS that it was mono (thus two channels). Then I tried to tune the audio to sync with the video. It's closer than it was. Turns out the whole thing is trickier than I thought, but it's a start.

Next up: Deacon Blues.

Bizarre, because I was listening to this recently -

Building lots of pedals to pass the time. This is a dual delay/reverb pedal I completed last week, based on the Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Jr. delay and Ghost Echo reverb circuits. It came out great and sounded fantastic, but I built it for someone else, so only got play it for about 30 minutes.
sv0dwBg.jpg

I7v97Ju.jpg

GiLVV5i.jpg

Last edited:
Building lots of pedals to pass the time. This is a dual delay/reverb pedal I completed last week, based on the Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Jr. delay and Spirit Box reverb circuits. It came out great and sounded fantastic, but I built it for someone else, so only got play it for about 30 minutes.
sv0dwBg.jpg

I7v97Ju.jpg

GiLVV5i.jpg

SWEEEEEEEET! Nice builds!

Back