Cabin fever forum

Not quite in lockdown in MA yet, though I suspect it’s a matter of when and not if. I work from home anyway so it’s business as usual for me there. Only problem is, I live alone. My dog and cat are great company, but they’re not the best at conversations.

My work has had numerous virtual coffee breaks and happy hours via video chats, so that’s enjoyable. Plus, I play poker with the guys regularly, but they’re cleaning me out of TP and Oreos...

1446-B690-D10-F-40-A2-9566-F593-A2-AF377-D.jpg

No lockdown here, but like Alan says I think it’s coming. Radio announcements already advising that if the general public don’t take social distancing seriously then lockdown will be next step.

No protective equipment at work. Big potential to go to a call and end up dealing with a COVID zombie!

Just hope to see all of you on the other side. Be safe everyone!

I’m bored to death. Been working from home for a week now... but it’s tough to read Electrical prints on a tiny laptop with no plotter to print to.

I received a new pedal to play with (Secret Preamp... which is awesome), learned a lot from Brian E’s guitar lesson yesterday, and I’m cooking a lot of food (I do that when extremely bored). Can’t go to church, can’t go to salon, can’t go to my favorite restaurants, can’t go..., can’t go..., can’t go....,etc. Governor closed all of those things.

I spent last night with a piece of sandpaper trying to flatten the neck profile on my strat. It turned out okay.

I think I’m going to practice some scales today, then recount my onhand ammo supply in case those at-risk prisoners are actually released due to the virus.

I’m bored to death. Been working from home for a week now... but it’s tough to read Electrical prints on a tiny laptop with no plotter to print to.

I received a new pedal to play with (Secret Preamp... which is awesome), learned a lot from Brian E’s guitar lesson yesterday, and I’m cooking a lot of food (I do that when extremely bored). Can’t go to church, can’t go to salon, can’t go to my favorite restaurants, can’t go..., can’t go..., can’t go....,etc. Governor closed all of those things.

I spent last night with a piece of sandpaper trying to flatten the neck profile on my strat. It turned out okay.

I think I’m going to practice some scales today, then recount my onhand ammo supply in case those at-risk prisoners are actually released due to the virus.

Sounds like you’re well prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Not quite in lockdown in MA yet, though I suspect it’s a matter of when and not if. I work from home anyway so it’s business as usual for me there. Only problem is, I live alone. My dog and cat are great company, but they’re not the best at conversations.

My work has had numerous virtual coffee breaks and happy hours via video chats, so that’s enjoyable. Plus, I play poker with the guys regularly, but they’re cleaning me out of TP and Oreos...

1446-B690-D10-F-40-A2-9566-F593-A2-AF377-D.jpg
Thanks for this. Made me laugh.

The hardest part for me has been that there was a run on the grocery stores the week before this past week. It seems like everyone else but my girlfriend and me freaked out and went into hoarder mode. The shelves at my local Giant Food are bare. Anything that can be frozen or stored in a pantry no longer exists in the store. I have never experienced a run this bad on grocery stores in almost 60 years on this planet, not even during the days before Snowmageddon a few years back. The food supply chain cannot handle this type irrational behavior.

The hardest part for me has been that there was a run on the grocery stores the week before this past week. It seems like everyone else but my girlfriend and me freaked out and went into hoarder mode. The shelves at my local Giant Food are bare. Anything that can be frozen or stored in a pantry no longer exists in the store. I have never experienced a run this bad on grocery stores in almost 60 years on this planet, not even during the days before Snowmageddon a few years back. The food supply chain cannot handle this type irrational behavior.

you have to barter, haven’t you seen mad max?

IDK... I’m kinda having fun. I mean, things are busier in some ways for me because my wife and son are home, but I don’t have any outside obligations, so that’s kinda nice.

I’ve been able to sleep in a little, at least comparatively speaking, we’re having dance parties everyday, watching movies, potty training our dude, I’ve cut my wife’s bangs, and did everyone’s nails, wine, legal weed...oh, and I bought a new keyboard before all this sh!t began, so I’ve been playing that..

It’s not that bad yet, is all I’m saying.

IDK... I’m kinda having fun. I mean, things are busier in some ways for me because my wife and son are home, but I don’t have any outside obligations, so that’s kinda nice.

I’ve been able to sleep in a little, at least comparatively speaking, we’re having dance parties everyday, watching movies, potty training our dude, I’ve cut my wife’s bangs, and did everyone’s nails, wine, legal weed...oh, and I bought a new keyboard before all this sh!t began, so I’ve been playing that..

It’s not that bad yet, is all I’m saying.

i hear ya, my lady was laid off and now i get to dye her hair. could not be more pleased.

man your new icon is jarring! even when you know it’s coming. serving up realness!

I went in 3 days last week. We have 7 people in my branch and over 2000 sq ft of office space, with each person having their own office. The only shared items are the copier and fridge, and, 4 of the support staff people are on mandatory “work from home” orders. So with only 3-4 people there, it’s fairly easy to maintain our distance.

That said, even staying home half the time has driving me crazy, and this week I may only go in once or twice. I’m pretty bored. Can’t go to church today. There was a massive fire in my town Friday morning that destroyed a whole city block. My barber (my age and a friend since we were kids) announced his shut down on Wednesday, and Friday had his shop destroyed in the fire. He’s now saying he probably won’t start a new one and will retire. This hits just keep on coming.

i hear ya, my lady was laid off and now i get to dye her hair. could not be more pleased.

man your new icon is jarring! even when you know it’s coming. serving up realness!

Every time I get to dye-n-cut my wife’s hair I get excited by the prospect of saving $120, same with the nails, that’s another $40 minimum. I think I could’ve been a salon chick in another life.

Ha! Yeah, the woman who it is is like, an incredible “performance artist” with her getups.

If It weren’t for this terrific forum with all you great guitar dudes and dudettes, I might end up going blind :confused::eek: while cooped up in my lair.

Thanks to all you great fellow Forum frequenters for making this such a fun and entertaining place to hang out. Everybody be safe and rock on!
I have absolutely nothing intelligent to add so my only response is "Well said, sir"

I went in 3 days last week. We have 7 people in my branch and over 2000 sq ft of office space, with each person having their own office. The only shared items are the copier and fridge, and, 4 of the support staff people are on mandatory “work from home” orders. So with only 3-4 people there, it’s fairly easy to maintain our distance.

That said, even staying home half the time has driving me crazy, and this week I may only go in once or twice. I’m pretty bored. Can’t go to church today. There was a massive fire in my town Friday morning that destroyed a whole city block. My barber (my age and a friend since we were kids) announced his shut down on Wednesday, and Friday had his shop destroyed in the fire. He’s now saying he probably won’t start a new one and will retire. This hits just keep on coming.
Crap... sorry to hear about your buddy:(

Its getting a bit serious here with talk about army enforcing curfews soon in London etc etc, so a bit of humour to lower the tone to where it rightfully should be

Frankie Boyle's joke about the stock market crash: "....in this market, the only way to make money is to visit your parents..."

Spending today making some whiskey caramel raisin-pecan bread pudding for a friend whose family is in need. Then to the grocers for some necessities to sustain me for a little while...hoping to mix in some guitar practice Monday afternoon (supposed to receive some snow accumulation) that will keep apartment dwellers indoors for the day...

Don't like .... sorry for the guy.

I heard Ohio is getting "stay in place" from my siblings, so Howie, get that Ferrari started!

I've noticed ESPN2 is having stuff like "The National Rock Skipping Championship" followed by "The European Tram Drivers Championship" and then "The Cherry Pit Spitting Championship". I haven't seen a lineup like that since ESPN first hit cable and had no broadcast rights.

Don't like .... sorry for the guy.

He just told me that he planned to retire within 5 years anyway, and didn’t think he was up to getting new space up and running. I told him that if he could do this and be comfortable, then go ahead. He’s always been conservative, so I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s been there for 40 years though. He has Barbers all through his family (brother, 3 uncles, grandfather was) and he went straight from high school to barber school and has been in business in his home town ever since. Needless to say, his clientele is large and this will leave a bunch of us scrambling... that is, once we’re actually allowed to go to the barber again. I could be rocking a Sergio do by then. :eek:

Back