Cabin fever forum

I heard Ohio is getting "stay in place" from my siblings, so Howie, get that Ferrari started!

I've noticed ESPN2 is having stuff like "The National Rock Skipping Championship" followed by "The European Tram Drivers Championship" and then "The Cherry Pit Spitting Championship". I haven't seen a lineup like that since ESPN first hit cable and had no broadcast rights.

Got some starter fluid the other night. Boy, did that thing roar to life! What a ride!!! Back in the garage now, but hopefully not for long.

I’m mostly retired. So being home is largely status quo for me. Mild changes to my daily life. The mostly non-retired part of my life has cost us revenue from canceled training sessions.

I’m a cyclist. Now I ride solo or in very small groups versus larger groups. I’m a home guitar player. No change except my usually at work neighbors are subject to my mediocrity. My gym closed, but I have an extensive home gym in the basement. So now I workout at home. My social activity, hanging out at the cigar shop/club, is out. Now I enjoy cigars on the back patio and socialize on line.

Lastly, we’re in the middle of a home renovation. We’re getting a lot done since my wife’s normal schedule has her home. So far the most immediate downside is that I ordered a bicycle from Italy before all hell broke loose. Delivery of the new bike is on indefinite hold. Plus, we are in a holding pattern on 2 cycling vacations that were booked and paid for.

I heard Ohio is getting "stay in place" from my siblings, so Howie, get that Ferrari started!

I've noticed ESPN2 is having stuff like "The National Rock Skipping Championship" followed by "The European Tram Drivers Championship" and then "The Cherry Pit Spitting Championship". I haven't seen a lineup like that since ESPN first hit cable and had no broadcast rights.
The Ocho is back!

Maybe they’ll run the Group of Death documentary I did with them again?

I wonder if I’ll get royalties?

Wife and I are both teleworking full time. So yesterday I put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my guitar room. She asked me what I was doing. I replied "Spousal Distancing!"

My wife and I are in "That" demographic so we have decided to self-quarantine. Just staying home; going nowhere except for groceries, and just, well, going nowhere.

Nowhere! Just us two. For weeks!:mad:

Should the authorities find one of us dead it was not the virus!!!:eek::rolleyes:

Ive been since Tuesday , I’m a bar manager for restaurant and the state closed down dining services at the restaurant . So here I sit . So far Inwent through the different gauges of strings on 3 different guitars -custom 22 , 513 and a Steve Morse standard. I went from 10s to 9. 5 to 8.5 to 8 . Comes to find out for me I really enjoyed the 8s on the prs and the 9.5 on the Morse . The 8s on the prs was just kore fun to play and the time difference from 10 to 8 really was that much different to me. I’ve also been playing with all the different picks I have collected over the years . I usually use the ultex .88 rounded triangle but also enjoyed the 3mm v pick I have. So I went through a bunch of thicknesses and shapes . Now I’m gonna spend some time with the helix and get that set up better for live use , when we finally go back to being able to go out.

everyone stay safe out there !!!!!!

The hardest part for me has been that there was a run on the grocery stores the week before this past week. It seems like everyone else but my girlfriend and me freaked out and went into hoarder mode. The shelves at my local Giant Food are bare. Anything that can be frozen or stored in a pantry no longer exists in the store. I have never experienced a run this bad on grocery stores in almost 60 years on this planet, not even during the days before Snowmageddon a few years back. The food supply chain cannot handle this type irrational behavior.
You must be near me in Wasington, DC. The local GC is still open with reduced hours. The last thing I wanna do is touch an unknown guitar. They can’t possibly wipe down every guitar every time............

Back