Cabin fever forum

Totally agree, Steve. If anyone’s looking for prevention, try some St Elmos Cocktail Sauce. My eyes exploded, and my nose fell off during tonight appetizer round. We’ll see what damage their Horseradish Sauce does paired with the Porterhouse that is currently on the Traeger.

Yes, this place rocks!

Friends of ours live in the same neighborhood. They are also part of our band - that couple, my wife, and me form 80% of the "core" band (percussionist lives in another city). We both have recording studio capability (although theirs is set up full time, while mine is, uh, "ignored"). And we both have pubs in our houses, with kegerators and wine fridges and lots of varieties of whisk(e)y and other liquors.

We had all of our remaining sound production gigs cancelled, not surprisingly, and we suspect our playing-gigging will also go on hiatus.

Three of us are still working, since our jobs can allow us to telecommute. So weekday day time is still occupied with professional activities, mostly.

But our evenings and weekends will be filled with music playing, writing, and recording.

So although we'll miss the hectic fun of running sound at the festivals, and the low-paying but satisfying monthly Irish Pub gig, we'll likely stay very busy.

Oh, and I have a six seat home theater with 7.1 surround, 3000W of subwoofers, and 3D capability. Along with hundreds of Blu Rays.

So yeah, we'll be OK, as long as we have access to food replenishment on a regular basis.

I have so many half full bottles of bourbon from tryin new ones my mission is to lineup at least a few dead soldiers while stuck in the house. If only bourbon could kill the virus....

Same story with a lot of whiskeys here. I tried out some single malt scotches quite some time ago that I never finished. I've owned a lot of them longer than the number of years that's printed on the label...

Wer'e not lockdowned as yet when It comes to work but pretty much expecting something along those lines to happen in the near future.
My concern Is My Mrs is a care worker whose in the middle of a 2wk holiday at the moment. She looks after the elderly in the community and they have 14 carers off at the moment ( Just precautionary) So she's decided to go back early.
I told her not to touch my guitars and live in the kitchen. ( Just joking)!!! A big shout out to all the medical staff and such. thank you all.
I'm amped up and ready.!!!

We aren't on lock down in Florida, but the beaches are closed and I start working from home tomorrow. I work for the Air Force and the military isn't really set up for people to work from home. Just checking e-mails will be difficult to impossible. They basically told us to do what you can from home. We will have daily conference calls, but the overall expectation is that not much will get done. My plan is to work on the stuff that I can and practice a lot of guitar. My new PRS got here just in time!

Worked from home last week and will again the coming week. My company will re-evaluate then, but it's likely we will be doing this longer than the 15 days. I can walk the dog because there's no one within 300 yards of me and I also have a shooting range in my back yard to pass the time and get a little sunshine. Other than that, I will certainly give the "H" a work out, going to put SD "Antiquity" pickups in something; the BRW Cu22 or maybe the Standard Cu22. Can't decide. Who knows, I may make a YouTube video about how there's no such thing as tone wood!:rolleyes:

Totally agree, Steve. If anyone’s looking for prevention, try some St Elmos Cocktail Sauce. My eyes exploded, and my nose fell off during tonight appetizer round. We’ll see what damage their Horseradish Sauce does paired with the Porterhouse that is currently on the Traeger.

Yes, this place rocks!
We had giant ribeyes the other night and I can confirm that St. Elmo’s cocktail sauce worked perfectly. :cool:

Today’s activities include 2 pickup installs...one in my CU24 and the other in my son’s Gretsch. I love the smell of rosin core solder in the morning.

Back