Cabin fever forum

Went in to work on Tuesday to find they've shut the site down. So today I decided to actually do some gardening and get some brownie points off the wife who's still working ( She's a care worker) Out came the garden fork ( couldn't remember the last time I used that).
First dig the handle broke :p So it's back to my Homer Simpson impersonation!!! It was meant to be. !!!

Went in to work on Tuesday to find they've shut the site down. So today I decided to actually do some gardening and get some brownie points off the wife who's still working ( She's a care worker) Out came the garden fork ( couldn't remember the last time I used that).
First dig the handle broke :p So it's back to my Homer Simpson impersonation!!! It was meant to be. !!!

Hard to Handle!

Wake n bake n shake

Julie coming over?

Ya know what else is fun?
My furnace is down and out.
Tried this tried that, looks like the gas valve. Waiting... freezing... waiting...
Could be worse, but it's dang cool in here!

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

I wanted to make a comment about Howie standing at the lake with his rod in his hand, but.....:oops:

Julie coming over?

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

I wanted to make a comment about Howie standing at the lake with his rod in his hand, but.....:oops:
Gotta say I was really happy with the service gent. He came promptly, diagnosed the two problems, and found a part quickly.
Got a deserved tip.
EDIT to say especially in these times!

I have a Gibson 325 that I bought on impulse a couple years ago. Because of the mini-humbuckers I have never really gotten the tone. "The tone just wasn't there" I couldn't bond with it. Then about a year ago I messed around with knobs and amp settings and somewhat liked it. Now I'm back to not crazy about it and a few weeks ago I took it into a local guitar store to sell on consignment. He just got it cleaned up and did a set-up on it to list it. I saw he listed it on social media. And guess what happened?

Yep. Covid-19. Maybe this is a sign?

I dig that! Personally, I love mini-hums. I find they are very sensitive to amp settings, pickup height, AND string choice. If it doesn't move, go back and play around a little. You might rediscover what you liked about it.

And I got spooky. So I called the guy and he was actually in the store even though it was closed. I told him I wanted to talk to him and rushed over there. I told him I was going to take it home. He wasn't happy but I think he understood. Got her home and it's all that I have played since getting her home. And, predictably, now I'm liking the tone:confused: I'm so damn fickle. And she is really happy to be home!;)

But the real issue is I told my wife I was selling it to fund a Santana. Now I have to revisit that discussion which is not going to be pleasant.

And I got spooky. So I called the guy and he was actually in the store even though it was closed. I told him I wanted to talk to him and rushed over there. I told him I was going to take it home. He wasn't happy but I think he understood. Got her home and it's all that I have played since getting her home. And, predictably, now I'm liking the tone:confused: I'm so damn fickle. And she is really happy to be home!;)

But the real issue is I told my wife I was selling it to fund a Santana. Now I have to revisit that discussion which is not going to be pleasant.

Too funny! Did you tweak the setup at all when you got it home? If not, maybe it just needed that ear vacation. I have that issue all the time. It used to lead to selling/trading, but now I'm trying to really hold onto them. If I keep going back and it still does nothing for me, it becomes trade bait or funds for another.

Good luck with the Santana funding discussion. I know that one all too well! Have a kidney you could move? Does she? :cool:

Back