Are cocobolo necks any good?

MuffinForce1

I’ve got a PRS Custom 24 SE currently and looking at ordering a PS, as none of my other guitar seem to play quite like my PRS, and I’m just looking at wood options and wondering. Are the Cocobolo necks any good? I absolutely love the way they look, but I’m not sure on how bad pricing is and if they sound good. Any advice or knowledge on guitars with full cocobolo necks would be great, as I believe it’s what I’m going to go with but I just want to make sure they’re decent, as I want something playable. Also, any experiences in general from PS owners would be great.

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
Yes, they are good.
I got this one about 10 years ago and have no regrets.
They don’t always have them though.
CK_CocoCoco.JPG

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
They make for great desks as well, just ask Saul Goodman...

Greywolf

Semi- Retired Luthier
I've only made one guitar from it , the stuff is spectacular. I prefer Koa as it is not as toxic and gorgeous in eye and ear

Toolmaster Of Brainerd

You know what a loon is, noodle head?
Minnesota or New Jersey, depending on the season
It's a true rosewood, so I would expect it to be similar to other pure rosewood necks, if you've ever played a IRW or BRW neck.

I would expect it to be expensive. Cheaper than Brazilian rosewood, but definitely more expensive than Indian rosewood. The sawdust is an extreme irritant and it requires extra care when working. It's totally safe when done, even if left unfinished (and I highly recommend leaving it unfinished).