What was wrong with PRS winged Tuners?

IIRC they are a drop in replacement for the wings...
QQPgxIO.jpg
The more I play my CE24, the more I realize I prefer 22 frets. I am considering more of letting the guitar go now, so replacing the tuners, although I am not a fan of them, would be fruitless. It is a special guitar, but I play my 22 fret models more. I appreciate the trade offer, but going to pass on it. Looking at a custom 22 in my future, hopefully.

Here's a little side-track story, that includes the winged tuners in a roundabout way.

Several years back the company I was a manager with required all managers to go through the Dale Carnegie course. Of course I wasn't exactly thrilled when I first learned of this, but I ended up really liking it and was an instructor's assistant for the next class. Anyway one week our assignment was to demonstrate for the class something unique that we could do in 60 seconds or less. So I came up with the idea of putting a string on my '95 CU22. I cleaned up and re-strung Ol' Blue, except for the low E. Before class started that night I had it sitting on a stand there in front. Then it was my turn and I demonstrated while I talked about the design and how Paul had made it much easier and quicker to change a string if you broke one during a show. I think it took me 46 seconds to run it and bring it to pitch.

Wait, you're supposed to have the oil changed on a car? :eek:
Les, that's only for us middle income people who drive cars that run on fossil fuels. All the rich people don't have to change the oil, they have to change the batteries. :D

Back