What Is Your Third Favorite PRS?

This one, winged tuners, sloppy inlays, small signature and all:

D4pjnIpUwAAqpuG

I imagine Sergio must be conflicted, it's blue, but fabulous! :D

I certainly can't tell you what my 3rd Favourite PRS as I have a 3 way tie for 1st and one that just misses out on joining those 3 - not that I would get rid of it because it has its niche, its unique uses that none of my other PRS guitars offer.

That guitar is my 509. Its not a bad guitar by any stretch of the imagination, its just that if I had to pick any of my PRS guitars as my least favourite, I cannot pick any of my other 3. My 509 is my least played - whether that's because it has a slightly longer scale length or the fact its 5 'single' coils where as my others are all double Humbuckers, I don't know.

BJ3Om6e.jpg

Like I said though, I wouldn't consider trading it in because it offers me options that none of my other guitars can offer. I would rather save up to add to my collection than consider trading or selling. Even if the right deal came in, I don't know that I would be willing to part with this and would probably find some other alternative options to fund that right deal. I don't know that any guitar, other than another 509 could actually replace this and, as you can see, there is absolutely nothing wrong with mine at all.

Hmm...really depends on my mood as I tend to rotate among the stable. Less so since I’ve gone off the wall :(

Lately this is number 3 because I’ve been favoring shorter scale lengths and PV neck carves. Takes me a bit to adjust to the Pattern Regular neck carve. But the TONE!!!! :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

I can't come up with a #1 much less a #3. I rotate through all of my Core models equally depending upon what I want at the time. I will say that the one guitar on the wall least likely to see action is my SE Tremonti Custom. I just doesn't ring like the Cores do acoustically and I just don't enjoy playing it as much.

Back