My favorite PRS model

Sure.

My primary voice is best characterized as dirty blues, more blues than dirt. For that dual humbuckers work really well for me so my base line is a McCarty with a stop tail. Santana for extra frets and a trem.

I got the SAS to be able to add the hotrail to the mix and a bit of a nod to a more strat like voice. It causes me to play differently so I have more range in my overall sound. I’m too young to get stuck in a rut.

Similarly, I like my HB piezo because the airier tone encourages a jazzier feel to what I play.

My favorite would be my SE Silver Sky guitars.

I love the neck and fingerboard profile and the vibrato is set to float and it stays in tune.

You can find them new for $850 and used for $700, and that's a steal for a guitar of this quality.

The original pickups are terrific but I put Chubtone '61 pickups in one and Chubtone El Gordo pickups in the other for a little fuller, warmer sound.

My SE Silver Skys get played everyday...but so does my CE-22.

Last edited:
My favorite is my 2019 LE Custom 22 semi-hollow, (see my avatar) which is also known as my “Birthday Guitar”. My wife bought me this in 2019 as a present, after I showed her pics of it on PRS’s site. it also plays great, sounds great, and is a perfect 7.2 pounds. I use it on stage, in the studio, and at home. It’s a total keeper, for many reasons.

My favorite would be my SE Silver Sky guitars.

I love the neck and fingerboard profile and the vibrato is set to float and it stays in tune.

You can find them new for $850 and used for $700, and that's a steal for a guitar of this quality.

The original pickups are terrific but I put Chubtone '61 pickups in one and Chubtone El Gordo pickups in the other for a little fuller, warmer sound.

My SE Silver Skys get played everyday.

I know you took a lot of crap over at S***t Talk for just enjoying your guitar. If it’s any consolation, I love my moon white SSSE more every day. I took a different direction though to obtain a warmer, fuller sound. Instead of swapping out pickups I took a graphic equalizer and boosted the 250hz, cut the 500hz, and boosted the 4k frequencies. Instantly I got the warm, chewy Strat tone I have been chasing for over twenty years. At the same time it transformed my Vibrolux Reverb into a poor man’s Dumble. Throw on a good Klone with a touch of a compressor and the sound is inspiring.

I know you took a lot of crap over at S***t Talk for just enjoying your guitar. If it’s any consolation, I love my moon white SSSE more every day. I took a different direction though to obtain a warmer, fuller sound. Instead of swapping out pickups I took a graphic equalizer and boosted the 250hz, cut the 500hz, and boosted the 4k frequencies. Instantly I got the warm, chewy Strat tone I have been chasing for over twenty years. At the same time it transformed my Vibrolux Reverb into a poor man’s Dumble. Throw on a good Klone with a touch of a compressor and the sound is inspiring.
I sure did. I got banned for posting that thread. I can read posts there on my iPhone but can't sign in on my laptop. The mod banned me.

If you're a member there maybe you could explain that to them because I did have some friends there!

The guys seem to think that I can still post there and am just being silent but that's not the case. They even commented that I signed in yesterday, but that's rubbish. i couldn't if i wanted to.

That thread is almost 90 pages long now!

I'm glad you're enjoying your SE Silver Sky. I have a Moon White one also.

I did change the pickups but didn't need to. The stock pickups are great.

But I'm kind of attached to the sound of Duncan Antiquitys, as well as Chubtone '61 pickups.

Last edited:
I don’t go over there much anymore. And it’s a shame because there are some nice folks over there. But moderator Lon is a dictator.
And yes, you are missed.
moderator Lon posted that he was thinking of buying a Silver Sky a few weeks ago and wanted to know if anyone had any first hand experience with one.

I got a laugh out of that! Like I said, I can read that forum on my iPhone - just can't sign in.

A notice pops up telling me YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED. :p

moderator Lon posted that he was thinking of buying a Silver Sky a few weeks ago and wanted to know if anyone had any first hand experience with one. I got a laugh out of that! Like I said, I can read that forum on my iPhone - just can't sign in and post.

A notice pops up telling me YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED. :p
I don’t remember if it was him, but somebody posted something very similar to that earlier, and when I tried to share my experience with one he just acted like I was full of crap. Sounds like Lon is launching another trolling expedition.

20230311-200810.jpg

Nothing drives me more within the PRS models than 513. One for flamed days, one for quilted days.

I had an older black SAS with a vintage tinted neck and fret board - a nice deep honey color and an amazing flamed board. Very bright and Strat like on the single coil sounds and nice tones on the bridge humbucker. Very cool guitars. My current favorite is my DGT stop tail from Wildwood, and a CU22 with a maple neck and 57/08's.

I have to say I LOVE my 594 Soapbar.
That thing just farkin' rocks.
It loves any amp, cleans up great, and is a filthy dirty girl when you want it.
After having my Soapie for a full weekend I can confirm every word of that, except for changing '594' to '245.' Doing double stops is NASTY.

But the swamp ash Tele's awfully nice too.

I'll have to say "Favorite" is a moving target , every one has their own magic . I will say that I'm becoming quite fond of the Westie .
At first I thought that like McSoapy with it's limited controls that it might be a bit narrow focused , once I'd spent a few hrs .. well she's just addictive ..that neck .....It feels suprisingly petite in hand with a shorter scale and 24 frets , yet meaty . Sustain ...the ability to get endless sustain at bedroom volumes is just sick ... in the nicest way .... I'm interested in playing a DGT for neck as well ....

Back