What is your next PRS and why?

I like the way you think! This was my next/last PRS for the foreseeable future. I’ve wanted a black/natural back guitar for years but they’re pretty difficult to come by. I saw this at Eddies and after a few months I broke down and ordered it. I’m thrilled with it and I think it rounds out my collection well.
A3-BBCC20-BB21-45-AC-8042-661-A0-AB7-E70-F.jpg

213-A445-F-8-B9-F-47-E8-83-BA-542-E3-C56531-E.jpg
Very nice. Something about black and blonde.

You know, I've been thinking that I wouldn't answer this thread because I really am not thinking about buying another PRS at the moment; the six I have are fantastic, and I have no desire for another guitar right now... but for about three years prior to the moment I met my EXP2018 SSH just a few months ago, I would have answered the same thing, so I guess the real answer - for me - to the question what will be my next PRS and why, is that I'll pick up the next one that moves me to do so, because it moves me to do so... Some guitars you just can't resist! (but you can't always know which guitars those are likely to be until you get your hands on them)

You know, I've been thinking that I wouldn't answer this thread because I really am not thinking about buying another PRS at the moment; the six I have are fantastic, and I have no desire for another guitar right now... but for about three years prior to the moment I met my EXP2018 SSH just a few months ago, I would have answered the same thing, so I guess the real answer - for me - to the question what will be my next PRS and why, is that I'll pick up the next one that moves me to do so, because it moves me to do so... Some guitars you just can't resist! (but you can't always know which guitars those are likely to be until you get your hands on them)

I couldn't agree more.

Two years older than you are now!;)

Welp. In the past three years I've only bought one guitar, so I guess I'm done. :(

However, there are always orchestral libraries and synths!

"A guy your age should probably stick to orchestral music. You're far too old to rock. And it's more suitable for an old fella's dignity."

"Wait, I have...dignity?"

"For now. When they put you in a diaper, you can pretty much kiss any remaining dignity goodbye."

"At least I'll be kissing something."

I like the way you think! This was my next/last PRS for the foreseeable future. I’ve wanted a black/natural back guitar for years but they’re pretty difficult to come by. I saw this at Eddies and after a few months I broke down and ordered it. I’m thrilled with it and I think it rounds out my collection well.
A3-BBCC20-BB21-45-AC-8042-661-A0-AB7-E70-F.jpg

213-A445-F-8-B9-F-47-E8-83-BA-542-E3-C56531-E.jpg

:eek: Yes! That one is wonderful! Excellent choice.

Welp. In the past three years I've only bought one guitar, so I guess I'm done. :(

However, there are always orchestral libraries and synths!

"A guy your age should probably stick to orchestral music. You're far too old to rock. And it's more suitable for an old fella's dignity."

"Wait, I have...dignity?"

"For now. When they put you in a diaper, you can pretty much kiss any remaining dignity goodbye."

"At least I'll be kissing something."

If you ask me the same question in two years time, my answer will be the same!

You’re never to old to rock ‘n’ roll!!

I bought my first and only PRS in 1995 - a new CE22 maple top with birds and a wide fat neck. A year or so later I got a job selling guitars at a PRS dealer and spent the next 18 years selling them and never buying another. My CE22 was (is) so good I just couldn’t justify another one, and I was never a huge fan of the set neck models anyway, I always much preferred the bolt-ons. I was tempted by a few over the years - a silver and a gold holoflake CE22 that I had ordered for the store a year or two after I started, and then not again until the original Modern Eagles came out and we had a red tiger one. Couldn’t afford that, so... I just never bought another PRS. I ended up with a ‘52 Tele reissue, and a Peavey Wolfgang Standard stoptail which just unexpectedly blew me away, and a few Gretsch models more recently, but no more PRS...

BUT, that will change in July, because I have a Vela satin solid body in McCarty Tobacco Burst on backorder. Sounds crazy to say it, but this is the first model PRS has made in a long, long time that has caught my eye and captured my imagination. The Vela is just way more my speed these days. I still love my CE22, always will, but the Vela stands a good chance of being my new #1. Cannot wait to get my hands on it.
BOTH my Velas are becoming my number ones....They each have a TOTALLY different tone/ sound. Otherworldly is the Reclaimed Wood one. The150 year old wood (Peroba Rosa and Brauna Preto) magical, the resonance of a fine Violin comes to mind when I play it. I have never had a harder time describing its tones, otherworldly....:cool:
https://imgur.com/a/Q7A8OOT

I imagine my next PRS will be another pre-owned model that I can refurbish and customize. Ideally I'd like to find a cheap CU24 that I could have refinished at the tech center or at an independent shop with a variant of the Holcomb 'brisket' burst (the limited core edition, not the SE style) and then trick it out with gold hardware. I'm always on the lookout for amazing deals on limited editions, would love to find a purple 10th anniversary at a flea market. That said, if a core 7 string hits the lineup I'm jumping on that.

Back