What is your next PRS and why?

Andy80

Just curious how you decide which next PRS to buy. I am going to order probably in the summer but I'm not yet sure what to buy. (maybe 509, maybe SH22...or maybe DGT)

My current lineup is:

McCarty 594
Gibson LP R7
Gibson LP Jr R8
Fender CS6 3 Telecaster
I've got a 64 CS Strat on the way

Do you buy based on the sound you need or just.......whatever?

I’ve got a 90’ Classic, 2 new TCI DGT’s and am now on the hunt for a Silver Sky w maple fretboard. The DGT’s are just out of this world. All the classic PAF goodness with modern build specs. Just outstanding. I’ve had 3 and they’ve been nearly identical in all ways.

I’ve never had a Silver Sky. Everyone says the neck is outstanding. Being the proud owner of a 63 Strat (and a neck I love) I’m looking forward to trying one out.

Mine will probably be a singlecut of some sort. I really would rather have a 25” scale length, but I’ll probably end up with an S2 594. Really hoping they announce one with P90’s later this year.

Might have to trade off one of my HXDAs for a DG50 or DG30 amp. I really want to try one, but can't bring myself top part with one of the HXDAs to do it. Maybe I'll sell one of my old pre-Gibson Mesa/Boogies :eek::rolleyes::confused:

But, in answer to your question, a David Grissom amp is on my radar.

UPDATE: Still no DG amp in the guitarsenal, but my next PRS turned out to be a 594 Hollowbody II. Some surprises are good ones!

Last edited:
A CE is very high on the list. I've been on the hunt for a while. I go back and forth between new, old, and DW. There's a couple I should have pulled the trigger on by now but haven't for one reason or another. Once I'm done with physical therapy a PRS is my reward I promised myself as motivation to push harder every day.

My next PRS will probably be the nicest one I get my grubby paws on during the next Terror Tour with jfb and tosca.
Candidates if it happens before the current cool stuff is sold:
Ish: short scale hollow bass, because apparently his is the last one to be made
Some tired old Santana - a couple dealers have one
Skittles fade - whatever it was on
Wood library MEV
JD: that perny

I have a SE Custom Semi-Hollow body w/stop tail bridge on the way. I'm also about to pull the trigger on a SE Hollowbody II Piezo. The plan is to keep the one I like best and sell the other.

Kinda sucks to have to do it this way, but there are no brick and mortar stores around here that have any decent selection of PRS guitars in stock.

Hmmm....

I'm thinking I'll go with another CE24SH. I've already had 2 and they are amazing. Only got rid of the last one to buy the MEV. I miss it.

I'd like to try a Vela SH, too. But, I might just go with a regular Vela. They RIP!

Of course, another DC594 would be sweet....

So, i guess I'm not sure!!

Just curious how you decide which next PRS to buy. Do you buy based on the sound you need or just.......whatever?
That last part. It seems that most often I don't know what I want until I want it, if that makes any sense. o_O Strangely, most of my favorites/keepers were purchased that way.

It's like meeting your ideal 'significant other'. I thought I knew what I liked until I met the girl who was to be my wife, and she's one I never expected until I met her!

Something along the lines of

14JMSuperEagleLatest-3.jpg

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...the_super_eagle_collaboration_with_john_mayer

Back