What is Goldtop listening to?

I can't let the day end with my having posted just "The Surfin' Bird". The nightmares might do me in!

I'm watching the new Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane" on the tube this weekend. I'm not a huge Stones fan, but I do like a lot of their stuff. And I really dig this movie. It traces their history from the beginning up through the 80's and beyond.

If I could only listen to one of their songs the rest of my days, it would be this one. 'Oh, Angie, don't you weep; I don't mind your great big feet...'

Happy Weekend Everybody! Lloyd Von Goldtop

Last edited by a moderator:
This is for my neighbor Chris. She has a number of health problems, and this morning she is having surgery. She's going into territory that's new and uncharted (and scary) to her, her mom and dad, and me. But she's faced a lot of challenges in the last several years, and she's made it through each and every one of them. I'm hopeful and optimistic that she'll make it through this too and be able to come back to her apartment and her life soon.

She's a big fan of Michael Jackson and his music. This may be her favorite song ever, so I'm posting it for her. Good Luck Chris!

Lloyd

I'm in a Honky Tonk/Roadhouse/Beer Joint music mood tonight. I always loved the vibrato in this guy's voice. Plus, when he played guitar, a lot of the time he played a double cut Junior. Cool!

Goldtop

T - O - N - E ! Hard to believe that it's been over thirteen years since this came out. Happy Monday!!! :top:

Goldtop

Goldtop! Giving you your own thread here...keep up the good work!

What is your main means of audio playback, by the way?

Mandocello on a Monday! Okay, I've bored everybody enough for one day, so I'll cool it. Have a great, safe week everybody!

Lloyd

What is your main means of audio playback, by the way?

James,

Hahaha... I just posted my (hopefully) last one for the day - Mandocello - and then I saw your post. I apologize for hogging the thread. Some might even call it hijacking I guess. NOT my intention I promise you.

I am soooo into music. There is music going in my life (and apartment) every minute I'm awake. I use CDs, albums on a turntable, even a couple of old cassette decks, though I rarely ever use those. I'm one of those people who keep a guitar on a stand right by my chair, so if I'm out of bed I've probably got a guitar in my hand. In another thread I mentioned what I'd hope to get from Santa if he were to come this year, but I have an SE One right now.

Also, I used to avoid YouTube like the plague for the longest time. I don't even know why I was that way, but I was. But nowadays most of what I watch on YT is old music videos, factory tours, tone reports, etc.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm being a problem. If I get to be too much, please just shoot me a note, or throw a rock my way, something.

Lloyd AKA Goldtop

I second that (third that since I'm in here after tdarian).

Lloyd, I really enjoy all the exposure to new-to-me music that you post in this thread. I try to remember to post here, but I get sidetracked. Your dedication to this thread is inspiring and laudable.

Like James says - keep 'em coming! :beer:

james,

Thank you for the kind words and the nice gesture. I really appreciate it, and I'll keep posting as usual. What a great way to start the week!
--------------
tdarian,

Thanks. I guess calling the thread 'the-guy-with-too-much-time-on-his-hands' didn't have the right ring to it. :wink:
--------------
rugerpc,

Thank you for the kind words also. I'm with you; I hear new music posted here from others that I might never find on my own. It's like a treasure hunt.

I'll make a deal with everybody: I'll keep posting if you will. That way, we can all work together to make the forum bigger, better, and more enjoyable all the way around.

Lloyd/Goldtop

I've been on a Cheap Trick kick most of the day. Here they are, 1980ish, on The American Music Awards. I remember being so torqued that evening because I could only make a cassette tape of this off of the tv speaker. No VCR yet.

All due respect to Fats Domino, and I love him, but I'll take the CT version. (Now, how do I erase that canned crowd laughter?)

Goldtop

I'll make a deal with everybody: I'll keep posting if you will. That way, we can all work together to make the forum bigger, better, and more enjoyable all the way around.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Deal.

I posted this in the little guitar thread, but it deserves a mention here too.
I love the acoustic backbone of this song. And the slide parts are so simple and soulful. Gilmour's music really works for me.

Tuesday --- "True". The first time I bought one of their CDs, back around 1990, I had never heard of them. But I saw the picture on that cover - red roses with one white, with blood on them - and I couldn't put it down. What a fortunate day that was. One of those bands that never hit it big for whatever reason(s). Concrete Blonde.

Goldtop

Deal.

I posted this in the little guitar thread, but it deserves a mention here too.
I love the acoustic backbone of this song. And the slide parts are so simple and soulful. Gilmour's music really works for me.

I think he's so talented. I'd love to see him live someday.

Goldtop

Tuesday --- "True". The first time I bought one of their CDs, back around 1990, I had never heard of them. But I saw the picture on that cover - red roses with one white, with blood on them - and I couldn't put it down. What a fortunate day that was. One of those bands that never hit it big for whatever reason(s). Concrete Blonde.

Goldtop

Big fan of Concrete Blonde here. I just saw that they are touring again and They'll be at the 9:30 Club in Washington DC next month month. Hmmmm?

I think he's so talented. I'd love to see him live someday.

Goldtop

I did get to see Pink Floyd in DC for the Division Bell tour - awesome show. I missed the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour - which is really disappointing because I like the way Scott Page plays sax and the backup singers were much hotter (I feel a thread coming on).

But I'd really like to see Gilmour alone - especially if he did On an Island complete like he did at the Albert Hall.

Big fan of Concrete Blonde here. I just saw that they are touring again and They'll be at the 9:30 Club in Washington DC next month month. Hmmmm?

Same here. I saw them in 1989 or 1990 and got to flirt with Johnette a little--made my night! They were here in Denver summer before last and still sounded good and seemed to be having a good time. Good to see some love for them.

How about this one? Anyone? For some reason, these two bands are related in my head. I'm sure it's just the timeframe...and MTV, but still.

Back