What is Goldtop listening to?

One of my Main Guys - Ace Frehley!

Goldtop (In The TEXAS Groove!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin' back today. A lot to think about...

Goldtop

If you like this one, cool. If not, then I'll blame it on Ace. I'm reading his book right now and in it he talks about taking in the King Tut Exhibit way back when on its US museum tour.

Gold(King)top

As you may have already gathered from my earlier post this morning of King Tut, I've deemed it Intellectual Monday here at Chateau Goldtop. To that end, I'm watching a rerun of "Roadhouse" on the tube. The house band at The Double Deuce, The Jeff Healey Band!

Goldtop

If you like this one, cool. If not, then I'll blame it on Ace. I'm reading his book right now and in it he talks about taking in the King Tut Exhibit way back when on its US museum tour.

Gold(King)top

This was one of the few contemporary "pop" records I had in the house growing up, along with Star Wars and an album of James Bond themes I wore this one out! Cat handcuffs still makes me chuckle.

This was one of the few contemporary "pop" records I had in the house growing up, along with Star Wars and an album of James Bond themes I wore this one out! Cat handcuffs still makes me chuckle.

A books and music store I go to now and then recently started selling used vinyl. I was looking through the bins one day and found two Steve Martin albums. I had to buy them just for the sentimental value. Great memories there.

Goldtop

TT-PT1@CG=ZZ (Translation: Tone Tuesday Part One at Chateau Goldtop - ZZ Top ). Weird Up; Fear Not!

Goldtop

TT-PT2@CG=D (Diesel.) I like the overall tone of this one. The reverb on the guitar, and the mix when the bass and the rest of the band joins in with the riff. Cool in my book. 'We blew a gasket on The Grapevine.' Been there and done that. I was in a Peterbilt instead of a Rambler, but it was still a gigantic PIA!

P.S. - This is also a little salute to bretwomack and Mesa. Thanks for the smiles.

Goldtop

TT-PT3@CG=PL&MM (Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald). I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a fan of Pop. Or at least what I consider good Pop. When this first came out, I thought 'what an odd combination'. But after one listen I thought 'what a great combination!'. I love the way their voices intertwine. Powerful and unique voices working well together. No screeching or howling as in so many songs today. Great tones playing off of each other.

Goldtop

TT-PT4@CG=GK&P (Gladys Knight & The Pips) Tone. TONE. To me, this song has great tone in every instrument, every voice, the mix, the works. What a song! Lyrics for adults, a drumbeat out of every cowboys and indians chase scene you've ever watched; strong, lush voices; in the pocket bass; a little rhythm guitar semi-hiding in there; sweet horns... Strong, powerful, warm ANALOG TONE.

Goldtop

Scott Miller, from Greaseland

tdarian,

This has been running through my mind all night long. What that means I have no idea, but I somehow feel compelled to send it your way.

Happy Wednesday, and Happy Thanksgiving Eve Everybody!

Lloyd/Goldtop

Whenever I think of Fall I think of this song. To me, this lady is an amazing songwriter, and has been for many, many years.

Goldtop

Oh, Mama! Today I got my hands on the new Celebration Day by Led Zeppelin. So many formats and combinations to keep up with, but I have the CDs and a DVD. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

(This video is from a different gig, but still a nice one)

Goldtop

Brothers, our troubles are locked in each others arms and you better pray that they never find you.

Brothers, our troubles are locked in each others arms and you better pray that they never find you.

Shawn,

Thank you for posting this. This happens to be one of my favorite TVZ songs, and this clip is so touching to me. When I first saw this documentary, I cried with this old black man. The stories in his eyes...

Lloyd

Alright, the day after Thanksgiving here in The USA. As I mentioned in another post, I ended up with a group of people yesterday - mostly strangers - who made me feel very welcome. And I'm very grateful to them for that.

However, from the double-edged-sword department, there was a guy there who kept humming/singing/quoting snippets of this song off and on all day. He gave me a temporary (???) brain infection of this, and for whatever reason I feel the need to share it with others. I apologize in advance, and humbly ask your forgiveness.

Goldtop

Back