What is Goldtop listening to?

'She's givin' me the "Go"; She's givin' me "The High Sign"!'

Happy Monday, Folks. Have a good, Scary week!

Ghoultop

Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN (almost)! Here's sum platters dat matters... to SATAN!!!

'Ghoultop'

More Mood Music for the Eminently Evil Evening.

Ghoulish Goldtop

FONOTONE RECORDS FREDERICK, MARYLAND (1956-1969)

fonotone_box_set_1.jpg

http://www.dust-digital.com/fonotone/

EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! May all of your pumpkins be ripe, all of your ghosts be friendly, none of your treats be tricky, and may you hear (and/or make) lots of monsterously great music! And be careful messin' with that Voodoo Doodoo!!!

Ghoultop

Please allow me to include a little reminder here:

Having fun on Halloween is meant to be cool and harmless. Those good memories of haunted houses, costumes, scary movies, great food, great music, good times in all forms... It's all about Love. Enjoy the memories you already have, and the new ones you make today. Above all, please care about others, and take the time to let them know it.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Inching closer to Dat Witchin' Hour... A scary night, it's fun, powerful, and funky too! Great Combination!

Ghoultop

Me, I'm afraid of spiders. (Absolutely true... I once broke two toes getting away from a 'tiny' spider, if there even IS such a thing.) Boris? No thanks. Warren's version of a werewolf, though, sounds like a cool cat to me. Trader Vic's? A nice steak? A Pina Colada? I'm in. And I always thought Warren's 'hair was perfect'.

Ghoultop

Last post(s) of the night, and time for a little personal note if you'll please indulge me. There may be some in our family who are hurting tonight. May we all keep them and their families in our thoughts and prayers. May we send our love and good will their way, and may we respect their privacy as we would want done ourselves. We're here if needed and they know that.

Okay, Halloween. To me, this holiday and Edgar Allan Poe are inseparable. So for my last posts tonight, I offer three different takes on one of my personal favorites from Poe, "Alone". Thank you for allowing me to post so many times today. A Happy, SAFE Halloween Everybody!!!

Goldtop/Ghoultop/Lloyd

Last post(s) of the night, and time for a little personal note if you'll please indulge me. There may be some in our family who are hurting tonight. May we all keep them and their families in our thoughts and prayers. May we send our love and good will their way, and may we respect their privacy as we would want done ourselves. We're here if needed and they know that.

You're a good man, Lloyd.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27783 said:
You're a good man, Lloyd.

Thank you, and likewise to you Hans. Coming from you, that's quite a compliment. I don't know that I deserve it, but I appreciate it.

Lloyd

Here is a video from my current band if anyone is interested... BTW, I also did the video too. peace

A free album sampler from amazon called Big Scary Monsters, Primordial EP by Dorje and lots of Opeth =) and Dead End Kings by Katatonia

Here's a story about one of those little everyday joys that sometimes come our way.

I read. A lot. Constantly. And I'm fortunate in that I only read what I want, nothing I have to do for work, or for college courses, etc. My favorite bookstore is only a few blocks from my home, so I'm in there at least once or twice a week. A week or so back, I ordered a copy of the new book about Jimmy Page "Light & Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page". This past Friday I got a note in the mail from the bookstore saying that they couldn't get the book, they were cancelling the order. Standard form letter. (I always try to use my local bookstore rather than an online dealer. Some may think it's old fashioned, but I like to support the local businesses if I can.)

Yesterday - Friday morning - I went to the bookstore to look around and tooled by the bargain rack. Big sale, 'Everything 2 for .99 cents!'. On the rack was the Keith Richards autobiography that came out in 2010. I grabbed it. I already had a copy, but for fifty cents why not have a backup? Kept looking, and down at the bottom was THE Jimmy Page book! Had a discount sticker on it. I took it up to the register and told the girl there my story; ordered it, cancelled, here it is in the bargains but it's a new release... Whatever the mixup, the price was correct, so I ended up getting both books, both first editions, both brand new, for a buck!

I've never found the proverbial farmer with a dusty, old, reddish-colored guitar shoved back under the bed that turned out to be a '59 Sunburst, but finding these two books like I did was still a cool little surprise. Made my weekend. They inspired me, and here's what I'm listening to this morning.

Have a Great Weekend everybody!

Goldtop

Back