What happens to your PRS's after you're gone?

I have two back plates that I had PRSh sign to each of my boys. When they get old enough, they'll each get to pick a guitar and the back plate will go on that guitar for them. The rest will be up the my wife to referee! :D

On a serious note...

I have no kids at the moment, but if / when I do then i'll probably pass my guitars on to them.

I would like to be buried with my most treasured one but i'm not sure it's allowed.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;41720 said:
How many guitars does it take to make a functional funeral pyre?

I still like your idea of the "death guitar" with the drill hole that's plugged until your ashes are poured into it. Wasn't so crazy about the "real" bone nut however.

I may steal your idea....my wife and friends are refusing to smoke me after I'm gone...they've not been very receptive to that idea. But...to play me? They played me often enough while I was alive, so why stop when I'm dead? :laugh:

I plan to outlive everyone so I don't have to face the embarrassment of nobody showing up for the funeral.

But if my plans are foiled, my wife has reserved some that she wants to keep. I've also designated an acoustic and a PS that I know would be meaningful to each of my daughters. I've left a history of each of my guitars so there is background if they are to be sold.

I still like your idea of the "death guitar" with the drill hole that's plugged until your ashes are poured into it. Wasn't so crazy about the "real" bone nut however.

I may steal your idea....my wife and friends are refusing to smoke me after I'm gone...they've not been very receptive to that idea. But...to play me? They played me often enough while I was alive, so why stop when I'm dead? :laugh:

My brother has offered to mix my ashes into paint and do a portrait that would, literally, be me.

For some reason, my wife wasn't real receptive that idea, either...

This got me thinking. When I'm all done, I think rather than a traditional funeral, I want my guitars and amps set up for people to play if they like. Maybe in a side room to not annoy the old people...nah screw it - deal with it.

I actually put this in my estate plan. I assigned a special guitar to my son and two step children. This was based on sentimental value and coneecting memories of the specific guitar to the child. The rest will be sold and the proceeds will be put back into the trust estate.

Glad you brought this up.. I know the band director at PJC and he will find a good and deserving student for them..nuff said. The Homewrecker 5000 patent will go to my nephews.

If anyone wants their ashes scattered at sea, wil do free of charge.

Last edited:
When I had to put together a will before undergoing surgery a couple of years ago, I left them all to my wife to pretty much do with them as she pleases. I did ask that if she chooses to sell them that she should offer them to those that called dibs first.

I promised them to my sister and brother in law:

BRYANSALEEBAPEACOCKHAIRGIRL.jpg

Amazing, I was thinking this same thing last week as a good discussion point. Always curious of what is the fate of all the great collections I see here.

Back