We are NOT Customer Service

Agreed.

As I said in my OP, if you're new here and you only signed-up to gather a virtual mob to try and get your SE upgraded to a core model for all your pain and suffering, don't expect a warm welcome.

If the shoe fits...
There have been a couple of instances where I've seen someone join, post about how their guitar/amp is such a disappointment, and then disappear and not visit again. It wasn't a case of any member giving them a hard time, they just signed up, bitched, then left .... didn't even wait around to troll. Curious.

FfYJ.gif

There have been a couple of instances where I've seen someone join, post about how their guitar/amp is such a disappointment, and then disappear and not visit again. It wasn't a case of any member giving them a hard time, they just signed up, bitched, then left .... didn't even wait around to troll. Curious.

Evil minions hired by Gibson to come here and stir up XXXX.

I just remember him saying “squirt” some. Then, someone shut him down because, apparently, it means something derogatory.

Nah, it just means “When you wanna say something, but really shouldn’t”.

It used to be in the PRS Lexicon Thread, but I guess it’s gone? I just tried to link to it but, it says the thread isn’t found.

Well, as an occasional visitor I haven’t seen anything that would warrant posting such a tirade, and if I was a new visitor I think it would put me off posting (which I know would appeal greatly to a number of people on here who view this site as their own personal social club).

That’s precisely the point, this is a social club. Nothing else.

Hell, this place isn’t even a blip on the radar of their marketing department. So being a Yelper or hoping to use it as leverage to voice some personal grievance and expecting an outcome besides us mocking you is… I mean, it’s entertainment for some of us (read: me) but it’s pointless.

And by the way, if you think this thread started with a tirade, you clearly haven't met Hans. One time, at Experience, I said, "Hey, man, how's it going?" and he nailed my head to a workbench.
I was there. Saw the whole thing. Why do you all think I'm so intimidated by Hans?

Ok, I made that up. I wasn't there. I've never been there. I'm a pretender. And not the cool Chrissie Hynde kind.

I don't have an issue w/someone reaching out here first - it may be a simple fix, the dealer may be closed, it may be a weekend and the company is closed, whatever. A simple "hey, this is what's happening, what should I do?" isn't a problem. It's the posts that come in ranting, "I just ordered a PRS that was shipped from Maryland to my dealer in California, then to me in Maine, and the finish isn't as shiny as it looked online, how can a 'premium' brand like PRS allow something like this to happen" that are going to get met with less than friendly responses.

I don't have an issue with someone reaching out here. Like I said, always happy to help, if I can. And always do, IF like you say, they are just asking for assistance. But this shouldn't be the first place, IMHO.

Once they start complaining about the product, I'm more in Sergio's camp. :)

And by the way, if you think this thread started with a tirade, you clearly haven't met Hans. One time, at Experience, I said, "Hey, man, how's it going?" and he nailed my head to a workbench.

Nooo! Never! ‘E was a smashin’ bloke. ‘E used to buy my mother flowers….

….That’s good enough for me with old ‘Ansy!

Nah, it just means “When you wanna say something, but really shouldn’t”.

It used to be in the PRS Lexicon Thread, but I guess it’s gone? I just tried to link to it but, it says the thread isn’t found.
Someone got up in his grill about it being used towards the mentality challenged, or something like that.

Back