PRS WL Cu24 Aquableux Purple Burst premature finish fading

My Aquableux purple burst never faded in two years, at all. But I kept it cased when not playing it.

m08KMAf.jpg
That’s a beaut!

IMG_2444.jpg
Is Aquableux purple burst the same as Violet Blueburst (aka violent bruise burst) but just backwards?
I think so! The blue seems a little more opaque on the violet blueburst though.

Your wish is my command.... .Pretty nice for a non 10 top I think ... this will probably be going on the chopping block (cough cough cough) because I have too many Hollowbodies. I bought this one when I was stuck in the UK for 2 years during covid.

IMG_2443.jpg

The backside is as stunning as the front.

Thanks Jo.

I'm sure there's a million reasons to go with 'organic' dyes, including legality and the health of spray room personnel. However, I do miss the stability of aniline dyes from the '70's and '80's.

This is a guitar I made in the early '80's, so it's a solid 40 years old. It's never had, or been in a case:

20200721-082401-resized.jpg

Now that we have that re-fin sorted, I would like to ask the PRS experts about the spelling of "Aquableux" [sic]. That "x" on the end bothers me. Were they trying for something French?

Because there's no such word stem in French. The plural of blue, "bleu," is "bleus." If PRS were going for a watery name, like "eau," the plural would be "eaux."

Whence cometh "-bleux"?

=K

I'm sure there's a million reasons to go with 'organic' dyes, including legality and the health of spray room personnel. However, I do miss the stability of aniline dyes from the '70's and '80's.

This is a guitar I made in the early '80's, so it's a solid 40 years old. It's never had, or been in a case:

20200721-082401-resized.jpg
That's both hideous and amazing at the same time and I love it

Now that we have that re-fin sorted, I would like to ask the PRS experts about the spelling of "Aquableux" [sic]. That "x" on the end bothers me. Were they trying for something French?

Because there's no such word stem in French. The plural of blue, "bleu," is "bleus." If PRS were going for a watery name, like "eau," the plural would be "eaux."

Whence cometh "-bleux"?

=K
Maybe its pronounced Aquablux and we've all been wrong this whole time :p

Back