Watch this! If you can...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;30611 said:
........That would actually be a pretty simple base jump. ....

Like saying, "that's pretty simple calculus." Actually, I'd prefer to have to sit in a room and figure out differentials and factor analysis than climb that tower...and this from a guy who got a "13" on a calculus math test in Freshman year college. :eek:

What if you have to pee?

No one will know it's you!

I'm thinking focus is not an issue.

I have enough problems transitioning from ladder to roof and back. I can't imagine trying to move to the top of that antenna. Then again, I'm guessing there aren't too many guys shaped like me doing that job.

I was a union ironworker for 6 months through the winter and once you get past 20-30 feet, it does not matter how high up you are, 1800 is no different than 50, it scares you just the same. I could not imagine the conditioning you would need to do that.

The thing that gets to me about these type of videos is that I have no control over where the field of vision is going...when he turns his head, the picture changes. Had that same problem with the catcher's mask views they used to have on baseball games.

I agree that 50 feet or 1,800 feet aren't that much different...you'd never convince me to do that kind of climbing at either height! :)

I'm not sure how that job would kill me first... either from a 1700 foot fall, or dehydration from constantly peeing myself.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;30888 said:
Falling doesn't hurt and it won't kill you.

It's the sudden stop at the bottom...

You jest, but years ago, on 60 MInutes, I saw a story about Princess Diana's death, and a medical expert said it wasn't the speed that killed her, he was the sudden stop. Seriously.

Back