Victor Vector left due to the normie trolls

Last edited:
It's pretty common internet slang...

In short, it's members who use a site/forum who intention/unintentionally troll members who are not everyday or longtime members.
So, ok, it’s a real thing as defined by the internet age. Sorry, doesn’t apply here. Everyone is COMPLETELY welcoming, unless you come in hot. If you come in slamming the brand, or perhaps acting in a way that’s not quite acceptable in this format, there ARE people who will tell you so. Trolls are not welcome.

If you want to stay here, we make it pretty easy.

So, ok, it’s a real thing as defined by the internet age. Sorry, doesn’t apply here. Everyone is COMPLETELY welcoming, unless you come in hot. If you come in slamming the brand, or perhaps acting in a way that’s not quite acceptable in this format, there ARE people who will tell you so. Trolls are not welcome.

If you want to stay here, we make it pretty easy.
I can't recall seeing anyone bashing brands, if we're going back to the Fender Custom Shop thing, that didn't bother me. Members called me out for a "hate for Fender" that didn't exist and it was more because my wording on the post was poor. I've moved on from it but I understand that some members may hold a grudge. To me, it was small potatoes that I didn't lose any sleep over. Some members treat the forum too seriously, as if the forum was truly needed for their life - that's going a bit too far with it, I think.

I can recall seeing fights about moon landing getting so heated where long time members flip flopped their ideals in order to fit favoritism of a group of membersand so forth. I don't think Vic did either but either way, Vic felt uncomfortable and creeped out and left. I don't think any of it was on him, if it was on him, then it wasn't totally his fault. I've already seen members leaving for the same things. It's a pattern that I see here, TGP and a couple other forums but most forums don't have these issues.

Buttons... we all have buttons...
Sometimes they get... pushed...
I almost left the forum but it didn't have to do with members pushing me to or what Vic left for. I can deal with the members snide remarks and such. I don't take them seriously. There are a few members that tried pushing my buttons, I think most of them have given up and just don't try anymore, maybe they hit that good ole "ignore" button. Who knows?

I almost left because I'm more active on other forums, however, I still do spend a little time here :)

I can't recall seeing anyone bashing brands, if we're going back to the Fender Custom Shop thing, that didn't bother me. Members called me out for a "hate for Fender" that didn't exist and it was more because my wording on the post was poor. I've moved on from it but I understand that some members may hold a grudge. To me, it was small potatoes that I didn't lose any sleep over. Some members treat the forum too seriously, as if the forum was truly needed for their life - that's going a bit too far with it, I think.

I can recall seeing fights about moon landing getting so heated where long time members flip flopped their ideals in order to fit favoritism of a group of membersand so forth. I don't think Vic did either but either way, Vic felt uncomfortable and creeped out and left. I don't think any of it was on him, if it was on him, then it wasn't totally his fault. I've already seen members leaving for the same things. It's a pattern that I see here, TGP and a couple other forums but most forums don't have these issues.
Look, if you judge this forum by the flat earth/moon landing/space program/atmosphere/gravity etc. threads, then yeah, it’s a clusterflack. There are long time members here who won’t go near those threads and unfortunately there are people like me who either A) can’t drive by a wreck without looking, or B) think (thought) it was funny to play along. But judging this forum on those threads is like saying you will never buy a new car again because of what you read about Yugo.

Thanks, @SteveGlitch being kind of changing the thread title.
And I thank you all for your condolences. In 2013 my friend bought a Tremonti Custom SE to start discovering to play guitars (he learned to play keyboard once). But he wasn't really capable due to business to improve. However.

I apologize being interruptive. BTT.

Thanks, @SteveGlitch being kind of changing the thread title.
And I thank you all for your condolences. In 2013 my friend bought a Tremonti Custom SE to start discovering to play guitars (he learned to play keyboard once). But he wasn't really capable due to business to improve. However.

I apologize being interruptive. BTT.
No need to apologize! You're good. I don't get mad at anyone here.

Sounds like he was a great guy, prayers for his friends and family and you, as well

This has never been a forum with much “drama”. It seems like some newer members are: either looking for it; come from forums where drama and constant back-and-forth is the norm; or just don’t know how to “read the room” (i.e., take the cue from the general tone of the longer-time members, instead of labeling them as cliques.)

I’m currently studying “humility” as a spiritual trait. There’s a wonderful Jewish perspective on it that I think we could all learn a lot from: “No more than my space.. No less than my place.

Last edited:
I just woke up, so I don't feel like typing a long message, but I wanted to address the forum that some consider to be a closed circle. Although I've been here for a while, I'm not sure if I'm considered part of the inner circle. However, I want to let you all know that I haven't received my secret information pack or even a memo, yet I have plans to meet a long-time member during my upcoming holidays this year. Friendships don't just start, they form over time. It's normal for people to interact in groups, and some of us have known each other for years.

I've never refused to help when I was approached, whether on the forum or through private messages from new members. I've done more electronic cavity layouts than I can remember, even though I've only been thanked a handful of times. I think this place is brilliant and generally drama-free, although I haven't seen Orianti's thread.

My advice to everyone is to take a chill pill, including Victor.

This thread turned out to be another great one of my creations, albeit some of the responses were a bit over dramatic. And yet, I could not ask for better and more passionate responses. Still, the "private messages" things about me made me laugh, I'm both appreciative and flattered that I could bother members so much. I was made aware the other day that nearly everything I "claim" to have accomplished was in question, from my photos being possibly photoshopped or Google grabbed, to my claims of being a worship leader and working at a studio, to just about everything else - even though I've personally backed up everything I've claimed. I'm glad that people trust me enough to write me privately about these things, though I would have guessed either way.

Anyway, I'd wager that every frequent member would probably claim that this forum is a perfect place of rainbows, barbie facts and unicorn pee-made beers, that's a "to-be-expected" defense mechanism of the forum but the facts are that members like Vic have left, with good reason.

I am wondering how we as a community could help improve and keep this from happening to future members as this seems to be a re-curring issue. I always look at the ratio of how many newer members stay vs the group of members who log in to use the forum everyday for years. If the forum using teeming with new blood, something is a'wrong. While this point is arguable to an extent, I am sure that each member deep down knows it to be true. It pays to be logical. Sisters, Do we strive for excellence or do we sit content where we are, with what we have?

This is a forum I would like to see thrive, I am excited for its future, to see it grow. Will you guys let me into the circle? Together we can watch it grow 😆 🌞

Back